Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Shopping?

 You know what's interesting about going grocery shopping?

The fact that each person has their unique ways of going grocery shopping.

And like....you never really consider what other people buy....until you have to go shopping for them.

So.

I've gone food shopping for my sister a couple of times now. Just as a way to help support her and her family as they get used to having new little one in the house. 

Which usually involves my sister sending me a list of things she needs from the store.

And me going out to get it.

lol which it usually devolves into a LOT of texting back and forth between her and I.

Because what she usually buys....is not things I usually buy.

Mostly because we have different tastes but also like different family needs at this point.

And like I constantly have to remind myself when I'm shopping for her that I need to buy MORE than I think I should because like I'm used to shopping for me, myself, and I. And my sister...she has her whole family to shop for.

But like she doesn't quite think about the fact that she has a family to shop for? Because in her mind it's 'normal' to shop and buy so much food in so much quantities.

But for me?

Not so much.

So when I see "Bread" on the list....I'm like "Is that one loaf or two?" 

"Milk" Do I need 1 quart or 2 gallons? Do I need 1% or 2% or whole??

It's just interesting really.

To see what details my sister sticks on her list and which ones I have to ask for clarification for.

Like paper towels.

Do you need just one roll? Probably not since you're probably buying for the house hold but how long do paper towels last? Do you need a 2 pack a 4 pack a 6 pack an 8 pack a 24 pack?? 

lol

and despite me having to wander back and forth and take slightly longer in picking up the groceries as I figure out just what and where the food is my sister needs for her family....

I do have fun doing it.

It's fun to see what foods she needs. Fun to discover possibilities I hadn't considered before. 

It's just....different.

Time consuming for sure. But I'm glad I'm able to help her out a bit.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment