Thursday, January 5, 2023

Where's the Sun?

 So.

Waaaaay back in 2018. Like...September I think?? 

I thought it would be fun to spend a month taking pictures of the sunset each day and post them online.

And honestly, I only intended to do it for a month and then stop.

But then like....a lot of people commented that they liked the pictures? And I'm pretty sure my Mom was one of those people.

So I decided to continue taking pictures of the sunsets whenever I could. 

And it's crazy to think that this is something that I've been doing for a little over 4 years now. 

I honestly didn't expect that I would keep that particular 'hobby' as it is up for so long.

But it's actually pretty easy to do so all things consider.

I just need to have access to my phone's camera and well...be looking outside when the sun sets and walla! Photo moment!

But so far 2023 has been weird.

Because it's been 5 days of the new year.

And I've yet to get any pictures of the sun setting. 

The last time I got a picture of the sunset was Christmas Eve of last year.

So like that's what nearly 2 weeks of me not getting sunset pictures?

It's crazy!

And like. Not all of it is exactly in my control.

We've had a bunch of storms the past couple of weeks. Most of them happening right towards dark so there is no sun to see set. 

But I've also had to work more shifts that last until after dark.

And unless I time it right in grabbing carts or something -which obviously I haven't timed it right- then I miss the sun set those days too. 

Like I know the sun shown both Tuesday and Wednesday.

But due to me working past dark....I missed those days.

And tonight? Tonight was another potential incoming storm with the clouds clogging up the horizon.

So yah.

It's crazy to think it's been nearly 2 weeks since I've last seen the sun set.

And it's got me feeling kinda off?

Like.

I've still been taking pictures....just not of the sun. 

And yet I feel this itch to do so. 

Like. Where is the sun? Where are the setting colors I've seen nearly every day for over 4 years? 

It's weird.

*exhales*

At this point though, I am curious.

Just how long will it be before I can get another sunset picture?

Afterall the next week shows that we're having another series of storms coming in.

So it may be a while before I can manage.

Guess we'll see.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment