Thursday, January 19, 2023

It Takes and It Takes and It Takes

 I knew it was a risk adding new fish into my tank.

Especially 10 at once.

But like....it had been a week and overall the fish had been fine.

Until I saw the ick.

Still. I wasn't too worried. Just do a bit of treatment and hopefully most of the fish would recover. Maybe I'd lose one or two. But that's expected whenever new fish are added to an established tank.

*exhales*

.... It's spiraled a bit out of control now.

Which is just....depressing.

I've lost at least a third of my tank. If not up to half of my fish. 

And it's likely I'll lose a few more.

Because treating the ick....well I guess it triggered other illnesses to hit as well? As it looks like I have some fin rot going on. Maybe some body fungal things? 

All I know is that there's been a lot of cloudy eyes and a lot of dead fish.

A lot. A lot. of Dead Fish.

Which is.....disheartening really. 

I had 4 bala sharks.

Lost them all.

Had 7 or 8 black neon tetras.

Lost them all.

Had 8 angelfish.

I'm down to two.

Had the new tiger barb die.

Lost both of my plecos.

Lost 2 of my 3 silver dollars

I think I've lost both of my feeder goldfish at this point. I know at least one is dead since I fished out the body today. Not sure if the other is still present.

Lost 1 of my red wag platys. the 2nd one will probably follow.

Lost at least 2 of my glo tetras. Possibly more.

I think I added in 6 black skirt tetras....not sure how many remain but I know at least 3 are now experiencing major fin rot after their bout of ick. 

Now it's just kinda .... a wait and see game.

To see who makes it through this death spiral. 

I finished the ick treatment. But immediately started on a melafix treatement since I had that available to see if it would help with the fin rot a bit....we'll see.

At this point....I have no idea who will make it.

Most of the glofish seem alright. My blue glo shark seems to be fine. My 3 remaining raspboras are okay. The 2 zebra danios are surviving. My red panda barbs....are iffy. They're active and still alive the remaining 4 of them but I saw at least one if not two covered in ick....so we'll see if they'll survive.

*exhales*

It's unfortunate. 

I knew it was a risk adding in fish.

But man, I did not think it would end up being this devastating to my tank.

At this point...it's just a wait and see game.

See who survives.

Get my tank health back up to snuff....

And then start over.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment