Sunday, January 15, 2023

Am I Surprised? No.

 It isn't exactly surprising, but it is disappointing that I now have sick fish.

I mean, I added like 10 fish into my tank a little under a week ago. With two of them each being a good 14 inches long.

So I figured it would stress out my tank a bit. 

But it was still disappointing to go to my tank, turn on the light, and notice a bunch of white dots on the sharks and tetras.

Especially more so when a day later I could see some of those same white spots appearing on my angelfish. 

It's a stress indicator really. The ick spots. 

Which considering I added in 10 fish....yah that's stress alright.

I was hoping to avoid it. But I wasn't at all surprised to see them get sick.

Though honestly I was expecting the new fish to kinda just....die from the stress of being fished out of one tank, driven to the store to be given to me, then driven to my home and placed into a new tank with different fish....

I wouldn't have been surprised if some of them hadn't survived that trip.

Though so far they have.

Even if the new bala sharks still haven't obviously eaten anything in like the week I've had them. Ugh. They're going to starve if they don't start going after the food soon.

Still.

I'm hopeful that the treatment of my fish will go well. It's just a matter of following the directions on the bottle for the ick cure.

But we'll see how it goes.

For now hopefully my fish will recover and all will be well.

But again. We'll see. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment