Thursday, January 26, 2023

I'm Gonna Burnout I Know It

 I can forsee myself getting burnt out and/or overwhelmed in the next month or two. 

And unfortunately...I'm not quite sure how to avoid it. *exhales*

You see, I've been helping my sister recently. Making time to try and come over once a week or once every other week to help out as I can. Whether that's helping with chores, or errands or dinner, or feeding the baby, or just being a venting presence...I'm there to help out my sister. 

Which she's really appreciated. And I figured it was a pretty sustainable thing to do.

But.

Daddoo is vanishing for the next little bit on a cruise. And he's asked me to watch his cat in the meantime. And I was thinking. "Oh sure, I can drop by a couple times to check in." thinking that my Brother, who lives much closer to my Dad's place, would be able to do the main care of the kitty while D&D are out to play. 

Only Daddoo mentioned that my brother is...well busy. Which makes sense. Because a) he's working b) he's in school c) he's having to do some home repair after a pipe leakage and d) he's also preparing to have a baby later this spring.

So yah, it makes sense that he'd be a bit 'busy' to also drop by my Dad's place to make sure the kitty is having enough food, water, attention, and a litter box cleaning.

But that also means that I have to figure out time to drive up there to spend time with the cat and make sure he's cared for.

Obvious solution would be to drive up on my days off. Which are spread far enough apart that I would be able to come up at least twice a week and a few days apart to check in on the cat.

Only it's like an hour drive to my dad's place. And like its through a stressful part of the city -though I don't mind it most of the time- and like....what am I suposed to do up there while keeping the cat company?

Like yes, I'll be by myself (with the cat) and that will give me much needed introverted time that I don't currently get at my place because both my roomies work from home and rarely leave the house long enough or at the same time to enjoy having a place to myself.

It's just.... I'm not sure the stress of driving up is worth the alone time. *exhales*

Add into that the realization of "Oh yah, sounds like my brother is stressed out, maybe I should help out there." 

And I just.... I don't know if I can manage to help my sister, my dad, and my brother out all at the same time without burning myself out.

Like I love to help my family. But I also need my own days where I'm just doing things I want to do.

And it's hard to do things I want to do if I can only help my family on my days off and my days off are only twice a week and if i'm using up both days off to help the family just when am I going to be able to have a day to myself??? 

I'm not.

It doesn't help that I recognize I may need to make the drive north more often for the next little bit to first watch the cat, but also because Daddoo will be getting surgery soon and will probably want some 'care' after that point, and then my brother will be having his baby and I want to try and be as supportive to him with his first child as I've been with my sister and her first child. 

And yah....

PLUS.

I have a work friend who's been struggling recently and I found out that they're moving, so to try and help them and be supportive of them I volunteered to help them with the moving process. Which is going to happen in the next few weeks as well....and since my days off are already being taken up by having to go up to see my Dad's cat for the next little bit....

It means that I'll be helping my friend after work. Which means I won't have much time after work to chill out and recharge. So I'll probably get even more burnt out.

And it just....

I'm trying to not feel overwhelmed.

But I'm already feeling overwhelmed.

Because I want to help out and support everyone.

But at which point can I just take a step back and relax??

*exhales* I definitely need to look into taking a vacation soonish because if I don't let something 'drop' it's not going to end pretty. And since it's a new year and I have plenty of vacation time I need to use up. I should be taking a longer vaca from work sometime soon anyways.

I'll just have to plan it to occur where I won't be as obligated to help everyone. So I can actually just chill for a week and fully recharge myself.

But we'll see.

We'll see. *exhales*

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment