Friday, January 6, 2023

Call Me Back

 So, last night, one of my other managers sent me a text that a lady had called the store wanting to talk to me specifically. So they had taken down her name and number so that I could call her back.

And that was it.

Like. 

My manager didn't give me any other details. Not even the all important "WHY they were calling" detail. 

And like...I had no idea why a customer would want to speak to me specifically to the point where they would want me to call them back instead of them just waiting until I was actually at work and calling then.

And my other manager was like. "Oh yah.... I probably should have a dug a bit better and gotten more details, she just kept cutting in and out so I was having a hard time understanding her."

*exhales* Yah MORE DETAILS would BE NICE.

That way I wouldn't be worrying about just WHY the customer wants to talk to me specifically.

Like obviously it's probably advice related stuff. But is it advice with Fish? With Cats? With Birds? What animal is this customer looking for help from me for?

In any case.

When I had a moment today at work, I gave this customer a call.

And turns out I do know who this person is. 

They're one of the regulars I've interacted with consistently over the past handful of years. I know I've been helping them since before the pandemic. So probably a good 4 or 5 years at least I've helped this customer.

Heh.

I just like....never knew her name?

Like that's not something that really gets passed along in the retail world. The customers know the worker's names due to our name badges, but we don't always know their names.

Honestly...I don't think I know any of my regular customer's names.....

Any who.

The reason why this particular customer had called and wanted to speak to me specifically.

Is because this particular customer is also in the fish hobby. And has bought multiple tanks and tons and tons of fish over the years. The main standout being that she loves our sharks. Specifically our Bala Sharks, but I think she and her husband have gotten the red-tailed and the rainbow sharks as well. 

But yah. I've known her as the Shark Lady.

And she can be....a rather particular customer on occasion. Not in a bad bad way. But there's the occasional visit where she's more difficult to work with than on other visits.

In any case.

The reason why she wanted to talk to me is because she and her husband are moving.

So they need to get rid of their fish. And their largest tank. A 120 gallon. And she wanted to know if I was interested in any of those.

Which I'm pretty sure my roomies would kill me if I tried to come home with a 120 gallon fish tank when I already have a 125 at home.

Lol lucky for my roomies I have no interest in another giant tank. I love the one I got. Don't need another. 

The fish though....it's like a pros and cons thing.

Because she has 5 bala sharks.

And do I want 5 of those sharks? No not particularly. Especially if they're larger. But I do just have 1 bala shark left in my own tank that would probably like a buddy....

But it's also like...my 125 is at a pretty good point right now. The fish are healthy. Nothing is dying. I'm content with the fish that are in there. So adding in 5 balas and potential another handful to a dozen of 'silver fish' that she also has....could upset everything.

*exhales*

So. Currently I'm having the customer bring the fish to me in a couple of days. So I can see their sizes and evaulate and such. I'll probably end up taking most of them home anyways. But at least I'll have a better idea of what I'm working with when I see all the fish.

So yah. We'll see how that goes.

So got rid of one stress by finally figuring out why the customer wanted me to call them.

But added in another stress of should I actually be taking in all her fish???

*shakes head*

Guess we'll see how it goes lol.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment