Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Fending For Myself

One of the major frustrations I've been experiencing the past little bit....is the feeling that I'm not being supported. 

Mostly it's because I am independent enough that I tend to get things done on my own without need for help.

But when I do actually need help or at least some back up....it feels like I'm left hanging.

Which then spurs me into trying to do everything my self....because it just seems to be a never ending cycle of disappointment when I try to get others to help me and they're not able to.

Today....today felt like one of those days at work.

Because as soon as I got in my morning manager confronted me with the fact that our Mid Manager had called out today.

Which okay. Not ideal, but doable.

Except...usually on Tuesday mornings the Head manager is also in for morning meetings and such. Which usually means they end up staying in the store until at least 4 if not 5pm which would mean I'd have to take a really early lunch....but I would still get a break.

BUT today was one of the exception tuesdays. Because my Head Manager was required to be at a different store today and therefore wasn't at my store.

And with how early my morning manager came in today....they had to leave basically as soon as I arrived. 

*exhales*

They'd tried to help me out though. Tried to find more people who could come in tonight to work a shift so that I could get some lunches covered.

Because as it stood there would be just 3 of us in the store once the other manager left. 

And while we could still run lunches it never really turns out well when there's just 2 people in the store because chances are high that it will get crazy busy during that time that there's only 2 of us.

However. No one was answering. 

And as it stood, none of the other managers were able to come in to help me out either.

Which meant that I wouldn't be able to take a lunch today as we have to have a manager on the floor at all times. 

HOWEVER. I was able to contact my friend manager and they were able to come in just long enough to cover giving me a lunch break.

And I was able to reach out to our dog trainer and have them come in an hour earlier so that I could use them to help me cover the lunches for my petcare and my cashier. 

And thankfully, due to the stormy weather and the fact that it's a tuesday....the store ended up staying more quiet. Especially compared to yesterday's holiday crazy.

But it was quiet enough in the store even if I was constantly backup cashiering that it didn't feel stressful having me be the only manager for my entire shift.

Wasn't a fun experience though.

I don't do well with surprise stressors and getting no warning beforehand that I would be by myself today totally triggered a migraine to occur.

But at least I survived it and we got out on time. So yay me. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment