Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Arrow

The course is set
The heart is true
Then comes
A discouraging word or two.

The sails lose wind
The tiller's lost
For a few words
What is the cost?

The arrow is knocked
Snug against the wood
The bow is drawn back
Words set loose.

To darken slightly the life
That was confident happy.
instead it is ridden.
With guilt and sadness.

For the path is lost
And the heart confused.
On what I was supposed
To exactly do.
                                               -S.N.D.

There are situations, days, when things are going well.
I feel good about the decisions made, or not made.
i feel like I've done the right thing,
But then a comment is made.
A look is given.
And my heart withers.
Doubt sets in.
Why?
Because what I thought I did that I did well...
Apparently wasn't done well in the sight of another.
And then I wonder if my choice, decision, words dealing with the situation
Were actually as good as I thought they were.
The stress builds up
And I can't focus anymore.

My arrow was knocked, the tension placed on the string.
I had a target in mind.
How to get through things and hit the target without missing, or hurting something else.
The arrow is loosed its flying, gone.
And then a voice comes, a breeze in the wind.
And I have to wonder if my arrow is flying to the right target.
Or if it will hit somewhere else that I didn't mean to hit.
Its too late to pluck the arrow back.
I can't run after it and catch it before it hits the target.
Now its a matter of waiting.
Hoping.
And praying.
That the arrow will strike true.
And no innocent bystander will get hurt in the meantime.


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment