Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tel'aran'rhiod

In Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time there is an 'unseen world' that reflects the 'waking world'
It is known as Tel'aran'rhiod or else known as "The Unseen World" or "The World of Dreams."
In the world of dreams people can get hurt if they're there too strongly. If you take an injury there you wake up with the injury. If you die in the World of Dreams you die in the real world.
So When a seemingly healthy person dies in their sleep...perhaps the entered too strongly into Tel'aran'rhiod.


But I bring up this subject for one particular point.
Sometimes regular humans can 'brush' the World of Dreams.
They might appear in that 'world' for short periods or longer periods...
but oftentimes when dreamers 'brush' the World of Dreams injuries taken aren't as 'bad'
You could be stabbed in the World of Dreams, but wake up with only an ache where you were hit.


This morning I woke up to my right leg being really sore. Like I had slept with it bent all night long and my muscles were protesting....
but since I've been reading the WoT and I'm in a part of the story where Tel'aran'rhiod is being mentioned more often...I have to wonder. Did I wake up with this ache in my leg because I accidentally brushed Tel'aran'rhiod and its just the remaint of what could have been a serious injury?
Perhaps when we discover bruises on our body and wonder "how did I get that? I don't remember doing anything..." its because the bruise is a remaint of us having a 'close-call' in the World of Dreams.
We had just brushed this Unseen World, but we were there strong enough to 'take a hit' and...wake up with a bruise. lol.


So perhaps next time you wake up with one of your limbs aching, or you discover a bruise that doesn't have a reason to be there....maybe, just maybe you to brushed Tel'aran'rhiod.


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the Day!


-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment