Monday, October 18, 2010

Autograph?

Today in my Institute class my teacher handed out a poem....

That I wrote. (The Wayward Path....posted in an earlier blog post)

I had given him a copy of the poem because he'd requested it. (I had read it a time or two earlier in class as part of a devotional ) As well as gave him permission to make copies to give to my class. lol.

But its one thing saying "Yes, go ahead"
and another to actually see what you've written handed out in 'mass quantities" 
That people can actually read and quote and be like:
"Yah! I knew her before she was famous! we shared an institute class together!" 

But if that wasn't strange enough.
The dude sitting next to me was like;
"Hey, can you sign this for me?"

My reaction was O.o uhhhhhh..............sure?
So I signed my name on the paper with my poem on it. :D
haha....that was an oddly thrilling experience.

I mean I've been asked for my signature before.
"Sign this and get the package, sign this to pay for the food, sign this to agree to these terms..."

But never really for an 'autograph' for the reason of: Hey You wrote this!!! Can you sign it for me!??! :D lol

I think for a moment I almost felt like a celebrity.
My first thought was....man I need to work on my signature ;) haha.

But I think I got a slight taste for of the 'limelight'
A taste of what could happen if I get a book published.
lol. it was a good feeling and I half wanted to say to the rest of the class.
"Sooo who else wants my autograph??"
But oh, I wouldn't be that....conceited? lol. No, no I wouldn't. Not good to be the snob... you end up getting knocked down a few pegs when you get too prideful. :) lol.
It was actually a humbling experience to know that somebody liked my poem enough to want me to sign it. :) Hopefully those who took a copy will read it, and that it will influence them to a more positive path in life. Or at least give them some comfort....perhaps a nugget of information to chew over....

I hope I get the same reaction for when I write my books. :)
....and that I don't just have a long empty line of nothingness staring at me as I sit in some book store waiting for somebody to say "Hi, can you sign this?"

I really hope that my thoughts, poems, stories, etc give somebody out there in 'need' a feeling of comfort, a thrill of enjoyment when they pick up a copy of a book, a nugget of information that they can think about during down times of the day....or perhaps use to help brighten somebody else's day when they've been down.

I just know...that today.....signing my name to a simple piece of paper with words typed onto it that I had written....

It was Thrilling. :) And totally brightened my day. ^^
So, Thank you kind sir, for providing me a way to cheer myself up. :) And making me feel special for a moment. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment