Saturday, October 30, 2010

Plop Plop Candy.

Well...I tried.

But for Oct. 30.....there is no blog!!

*GASP!!
NO!!!

But wait you say...
This has been dated as October 30th!

:) yah....I messed with the date timing thing so that I could actually have a blog on the 30th!!

^^;;; heh.. Technology :) got to love it :)

(and I will let you know when I do mess with time scheduling things....so, this is the first time that I've written a blog post not on the day it says it was posted.)

Candy, Candy, Candy.
It is the Candy time of year where Halloween has approached and trick or treaters throng the streets looking for candy to eat for the next month and a half. lol.

The poor trick-or-treaters (since Halloween is Sunday, they came Saturday)
It rained
Hard.

I don't really remember Trick or treating in the rain....if it happened it happened when I was younger.
I do remember it snowing, or just being really cold. haha. Our poor toes freezing to death and such.
But not really ever in the rain.

hmmmm
yes...we did trick or treat when it "sprinkled" but not in a hard rain. lol

Not that any weather would have stopped us.
Coats and Umbrellas....
I hated Coats and Umbrella's on Halloween.
Why?
You can't see the costume if you're wearing a coat!!
lol
Yes I'm the sort to show off my costume even if the weather is really cold.

:)
But these last few years...I haven't gone trick or treating :(
But it is fun to answer the door lol.
The kids look so small.
And some of them just stare up at you silently. not saying anything.
I remember doing that haha.
just ring the doorbell, grab the candy and go. haha.
Though I was kind of shy.....
But that stopped when trick or treating in my grandparents neighborhood.
Idr how old I was...young though 7 or 8 perhaps.
But we went to a house....and the dude wouldn't give us candy!
Why?
We hadn't said "Trick or Treat"
lol.....traumatic.
We just stood there being awkward...until finally we whispered "trick or treat" then he gave us candy.

*shakes head*
So I feel for those kids who don't say anything.
lol it is kind of traumatic wandering around a neighborhood at night...and then you have to say something to strangers?!?! :S Scary!! lol
But oh, the craving of candy overrules that fear soon :) haha.

I remember dragging my siblings all over the neighborhood in order to get as much candy as possible...and basically being dragged home.

Of course during those years I didn't like chocolate......sooo my siblings and I would switch. I gave them chocolate in exchange for sweets :)

And then nomnomnomnomnom we'd basically survive on candy for the next month lol.
By the end we were so sick of candy that we'd beg our parents "Please! give us something healthy!!"

haha :) We'd end up doing that on car trips as well.
But the month after Halloween most often :) lol
The poor teachers who had to deal with sugar high kids the next week or so :)

Anywho

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment