Thursday, October 7, 2010

Put your Shoulder to the Wheel

There are days where I feel like I"m being pulled in too many directions.
Where I need to do these things, want to do others, and don't want or need to do the stuff that I end up doing anyway to avoid the first two.
So many directions.
I feel somewhat dizzy from how fast my mind is racing.
Trying to come up with mental agreements on what to do or not to do.
Arguing with myself silently on the merits, benefits, costs, deficits or what I'm doing in the day.
Is it really so important I do this? What if I skipped that? What if I just procrastinate for just a while longer.
Its a struggle. Fighting with yourself.
Most of the time I just end up with brain fatigue. Where I mentally just shut down. Because if i try to focus anymore I"ll end up screaming around the house from the inability to do anything lol. :)
I don't literally mean shut down. I just make the conscious decision to step back, look at something else, shove the problems to the back of my mind for a short break so that I can get my brain back into gear.

-This is why this blog is being written, I needed to step back from (mostly) homework. :P lol

Now. Back to the wheel I go. Putting my shoulder to it and pushing along....for a short time at least, until I see a different wheel that I'd rather push. I wonder how many different wheels I'm actually trying to push in a day.....hmmm that is something to consider. What wheels are too heavy for me to push alone? Where do I need help? What wheels should I just drop and forget about?
Perhaps I dither so much between needs and wants because I'm dithering between doing the hard stuff or the easy stuff.
Eitherway....what I task myself with doing ends up usually getting done.
But because of my time being divided so, each activity takes longer to finish because its hard to focus on just one thing.
My brain....likes to think about multiple thoughts overlapping each other...lol. (and it finds it hard to write things that actually need to be written loll)
So I switch to doing some other task to feel useful -at least body wise- so that my brain can have a chance to gather its thoughts.
The task might take longer, and I might feel like I'm being pulled in too many directions at once, but hey. At least I come out of the trip with my head still on straight. ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment