Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oh, about dark thirty

I have a slight quirk to my way of telling time.
In one particular instance. After dark. In the midnight hour.
I think most people would say if you ask them what time it is "Oh its twelve-thirty."
I would say "Oh, its midnight-thirty."
Yep for some reason I find it more fun to say "Midnight-thirty" instead of "Twelve Thirty."
Yet I don't do the same thing for the noon hour. I would say Twelve fifteen instead of Noon fifteen.

lol perhaps I got this way of saying the time so late at night from when I was younger and I'd go to Rendezvous with my family.
Some nights we'd have an after dark meeting time for those traders who camped overnight.
And we'd meet at
"Dark-Thirty"
Or basically thirty minutes after sundown was how I translated it to be.

So sometimes when I"m meeting friends after dark I'll slip and say 'Oh Dark-Thirty"
lol. I get alot of weird looks, but its fun in a way. :)

Midnight thirty, dark thirty.
Then there's the sense of time where I don't see people/ go places very often, but I do go once in a while.
Then I say "Oh I see you every blue moon or so."
Or "Once in a blue moon."
Since blue moons don't happen that often I think it makes sense to say "Hey I'll see you again.....in a while." :P

Sooo
Until you next see these words;
I"ll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment