Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ode to the Flashdrive

Ode to the Flashdrive

Flicker Flicker Firefly
Against the background sky
New to hatch, shining bright
Let me fill you up with light.

Flicker Glimmer Firefly
Spread your wings, fly on by.
As you tease the silent mouse
To click on your knowledgeable house.

Glimmer Glimmer Firefly
Looking for a place to lie
Land at port and rest for now
While I teach you who, whats, and how

Glimmer Shimmer Firefly
Time has worn you, but you still fly high
Young at heart while your case is old
You still want to gain all you can hold.

Shimmer Shimmer Firefly
The night is late to your blinking eye
Yet, happily you still work on
Partners in Crime until the task is Done

Shimmer Glimmer Firefly
Come to bed before we both fry.
Falling, Crashing, Torn Asunder
Injured because of a midnight blunder

Glimmer Glimmer Firefly
Wings, eyes, legs, bent to the sky
Just brush it off, you’ll be fine
Tomorrow we’ll continue our homework line.

Glimmer Flicker Firefly
I double checked your outside tie
Cracked and broken you tried to move on
But the Motherboard doesn’t recognize you, her son.

Flicker Flicker Firefly
I tried Drive G, H, and I
The files miss your presence here
Yet, I cannot seem to get you in gear.


Flicker Flicker Fire
Come on firefly! Blink your red eye!

Flicker Flicker
Your case is mended. Come on! Fly!

Flicker Flick
Oh please, Oh please, you can still soar high.

Flicker Fli
I still need you my knowley-pie

Flicker
Do not breathe your final sigh!
           
Flick
                                            We can fix this! Why oh why?!

Fli
                                                Do not say your last Goodbye!

Fl
                                                  Just one more burst! Please just try!


^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^--^--^--^--^----^----^-----^--------^-----^\________________________

                                                 My careless procrastination caused you to die.

….Oh, my poor firefly

-S.N.D


*Note in my family we sometimes refer to flash drives/jump drives as a firefly. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment