Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kk 10-4 Roger That

A while ago my mom asked me why I use "Kk" in replying to texts instead of just "K" or "Okay."

It stumped me for a looong time....but I think I finally figured out the reason why me, my siblings and other people use "Kk"

Its kind of like a code for saying "I understand." "Gotcha"

In other decades with other technologies there would be codes such as "10-4" "Copy That" "Roger That"

For the cellphone generation I think the code has changed to "Kk"

Its just an easy way to say "Okay, then I'll hold you to the plan, talk to you when you arrive." Or else its used after a decision is made and agreed upon.
Basically its a termination statement until the next time we talk :)

lol and if it has a ? mark after it Kk? It usually signifies "I don't think I understand" or else its a "Why are you telling me this" -which could be "I don't know why you're telling me this in the first place." Or its "I already know this, why are you telling me again?"  or its a "Okay...i thought this had been decided..." lol there are multiple meanings...I think :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment