Friday, October 8, 2010

Sea Salt

A few years ago my family made a journey
with another family (idr if it was friends or relatives)
to go see the Spiral Jetty.
At this point the spiral was still mostly under water.
The jetty was sparkling white from all the Salt Crystals.
We were picking up a few to take home.
So consequently our hands (as well as our feet)
were covered by the salt water.
Luckily one of the cars....
it might have been ours.
Brought a container or water....I forget what those are called. lol
But you can push a button and water comes out the bottom.
We were all taking turns washing our hands off....
Well....I became impatient.
and I had this awesome Idea.
What if....I took the lid off the top of the container?
Then just stuck my hands in. They'd get clean much faster that way!
(I was young....junior high age maybe...perhaps even elementary school)
Needless to say....I didn't really get the salt off my hands lol.
Or perhaps I did.
But my dad wasn't very happy with me.


You see....I learned that if you stick your hand into the main container of water...
it makes that water salty.
And nobody else can use the water to wash off their own hands, they just get more salt added to their hands.


Your actions no matter how small can have big ramifications on others. Especially if your actions are impatient ones of "Its so silly that we're only getting our hands wet little by little, why not stick your whole hand in the container?? It would go much faster that way."
lol. Yes....but it doesn't help the whole.....
Even though the water was small from letting it out the bottom, it was focused.


I almost want to equate it to something along the lines of.
"Be grateful for what you have and how things come to you. Don't try and jump ahead of the line and ruin everybody else's chances at success just so that you can succeed."


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment