Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Quick Switcharoo

Contentment.
The ability to just sit by a fire and relax.
Going through your gifts,
Spending time with family.
It's amazing.
And I'm grateful that my stay at home has been extended an extra twenty-four hours.

For I wasn't looking forward to having to head back to my apartment tonight.
Because it's Christmas.
And for as long as I can remember,
I've had the day before and after Christmas to relax and spend time with family.
Yet, my work had scheduled me to work tomorrow morning,
Soo I was procrastinating leaving as much as I could.

And for once....
Procrastination paid off.
For about an hour after I should have left, but an hour before I was planning to actually leave.
I got a text from a co-worker, asking if I still wanted to switch shifts with her.
-She has Wednesday off while I have Thursday off.
I'd left a message for her....a few days ago, asking if she would be willing to switch shifts with me,
so that I would be able to spend three days as a whole with my family, instead of having to go back to work for a four hour shift.
And...
She said yes!
So I didn't have to drive home tonight. ^^
It was a great present to receive and I'm grateful that she responded back before I'd made my journey back to my apartment. :)
YAY!

And so I can relax, and enjoy the rest of the evening reading and listening to a last hurrah bash of Christmas Music.

Merry Christmas! May your Day (Night) Be Merry and Bright! :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment