Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bring Back The Toys!

When we were younger,
And totally into all the toys that we could get our hands on,
My parents would take me and my siblings to Toys R Us.
There, we would run wild,
looking at all the toys, deciding what we wanted.
Then.
We'd show our mom and/or dad what we wanted.
Then, one parent would take two of us back to the car.
While the other parent and the third child stayed in the store.
The sibling in the store, would then go around the store again, and the parent would point out what the other two kids wanted. Then they would pick out what they wanted to give their siblings for Christmas.
The toys would be bought.
The two would come back to the car.
The Gifts would be stuffed into the back of the car,
and then the next kid would leave the car, go into the store and they'd start the process over again.
It was so much fun!
Seeing all the bright colors.
Sitting in the dark anxiously waiting for your turn to go back into the store,
Hoping that you'd get the toys you wanted.
Wondering what was already in the back, but unable to look.
 
It was exciting!
Totally one of my favorite traditions we had. :) lol.
 
Well....Kikay and I tried to bring it back.
You see we told our roommate LaKai about this tradition of ours.
And we decided.
that we would go to the mall and go through all the stores, pointing out what we wanted,
then repeat what we did as kids. Have some wait in the car, while others went to go buy the items the others wanted.
 
.....It was a good idea in theory.
But the mall....isn't that great of a place to go to we discovered.
Since the place is mostly clothes stores.
And unless you want to spend hours trying on clothes and figuring out what sizes you fit in and which things you want....
It's difficult to shop for a person.
The three of us...basically only found a couple of jewelry trinkets we wanted.
Since we didn't try on clothes, and there weren't alot of other shops out there to look through....
It was a bust. :(
Sadly.
I wish it would have worked out,
because we would have had a ton of fun....
If there were more 'toys' at the mall then 'clothes' lol. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

My family and I were at my mom's work in the tower. And they were having a practice emergency situation, where you had to find your station...which was an animal that you were in charge of taking care of. Most of them were birds. And I think my mom's was a White Parakeet in a glass tube. I wandered around to other places, and found one for my neighbor Mandie, I pointed it out to her...but she seemed to not care about it at all. She turned her back and disappeared into a different room. Then we actually were in an emergency situation where we had to pack up and go, but first we were allowed to take a bathroom break....but it was a bit awkward as the toilets were all in plain sight, and the guys were in the room with the girls. So even though I had to go, I waited until most of them had left...but Lanie, and Yan the couple were still in the room, but I knew them...so I tried to go anyway, but Yan...just made it uncomfortable. I was glad when we left to go elsewhere....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment