Monday, December 24, 2012

Glub Bark Chirp Meow Chatter

I've realized something.
Out of all the things I've asked for for Christmas....
I don't think I've ever asked for a Pet.

For some reason this strikes me as odd.
I mean my home has always been full of animals, so why not get a Pet for Christmas, be it a fish, dog, cat, or hamster.
I think it's because we've always had so many pets around, that it probably didn't make sense to ask for one at the time.
Though I bet there's been a time or two when I've wished for another cat or something.
idk.

It was just brought to mind today as it is Christmas Eve, and I had to work.
And I helped a lot of people pick out pets for Christmas.
Mostly Hamsters, but some Guinea Pigs, Reptiles and Birds also made their way out the door.
And it made me curious...
How do you wrap up the animal?
I mean in the movies the animal is always in a box that's all wrapped up.
Of course, now that I think of it...I think the box is usually open already...or it has a lid that's easy to take off.
But how would you make the animal stay in the box?
Would you make air holes for it?
Do you wrap it already in the cage?
Or keep it in a different room for later?
Or bring the kids to the house that the pet's been 'hiding out' at for the past little while?
It seems a bit complex to me lol.

I don't know if I'd be scared or excited to pick up a box and feel something moving inside.
Hmm...I think I would go for excited, unless it hissed at me, or made some noise to startle me I suppose.

I hope it's a good Christmas for those kids getting live animals this year. ^^
I had fun with the parents helping them to gather all the supplies and pick out which animal their son or daughter would see tomorrow.
I'm also rather glad that we had the animals in stock to be able to give to parents, as I would hate to have to deal with an angry adult who waited too long to buy their gift and we ran out or something,
But our back rooms are pretty full, I doubted we would have sold out completely.
We might have run out of certain breeds...but I doubt we ran out of hamsters. lol
I just hope that the Day After Christmas we still have animals, for those parents who decided to let their children pick out their own pets after they open the cage. If not...we'll for sure have more on Saturday lol. :)

In any case.
I'm happy to be home this Christmas Eve, with my cat and dog nearby, watching the snow fall, as my family listens to Christmas music by a roaring fire in our fireplace.
^^ Good times good times.

May your Christmas Be Merry and Bright!
-And that the animals are an awesome gift! :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was helping my dad with a fish tank, catching fish I think, but I was having difficulties or..the fish kept morphing and I was trying to catch tetras but they kept turning into hatch fish....then I had other people at the store wanting my help, with finding bread, as the bread section of the grocery store was between the fish tanks and the...small animal cages...I think. So I grabbed some bread for a guy who wanted them, and then was over at small pets helping customers there, worrying all the while about the birds and what I was going to do with them....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment