Sunday, December 30, 2012

Being A Crazy Young Person

I've often claimed to be a night owl.
There comes a point in the night that I just wake up and I can stay awake until the early hours of the morning.
Yet, I haven't had much of an opportunity to let my inner night owl out as most of my work shifts involve me getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning.
Which means if I'm to get at least six hours of sleep....I can't stay up past 11.
Of course, knowing that I have to go to bed early I kinda give myself the mindset of "I'm getting tired, now its time to go to bed." So it's not that difficult.
And knowing how late I can stay up...makes it so that most of the time I can stay up that late without getting tired.
So on my days off...I usually end up staying up later.

Tonight though...should be interesting.
Working at Starsmet, I'm basically in charge of taking care of the animals.
Yet, on occasion I get scheduled to do other things in the store.
Cashiering for one.
Stocking/Pricing for another.

I usually don't mind it....even if I wish I'm in Petcare the entire time I'm doing something else, lol.
I think it is a good idea to have me do other things, as it helps me get to know the merchandise of Starsmet, where things are and such, and it helps me to be more 'rounded' in the store so that I can help more customers if they come to me with a question.

In any case. I've been glad that I'm not a stocker.
As they've been asked to come in super early in the morning.
And coming in at 5 is about as early as I want to come in.

Ha.
Well, 'tonight' I get to have a taste of the stocker's life.
Work starts at 2:30am and I don't get off until half an hour after the store opens.

So what am I going to do?
Basically stay up all night.
Yah...you can call me crazy. I'm already thinking that I am lol.
Especially since last night, I kept tossing and turning so I didn't get such a restful sleep.
Of course I took a long nap earlier today.
But I am wondering how well I'll be able to function with no six hours of sleep before going to work.

I'm not worried about functioning.
I've gone to school and such on little to no sleep due to a) not feeling well b) a headache or c) lots of homework.
So I know I can get the job done.
lol. I just hope that I can be wakeful during this.

I'm not quite sure though.
Working with the different animals gives me a variety of tasks to do that helps to wake up my brain, and I'm constantly moving around so my body is being active which also wakes me up.
For this 'early morning shift'
I'm not quite sure what I'm doing.
Something with pricing as for the New Year we're making sure all our prices are right....I don't quite know for sure, I guess I'll find out when I get there to get a clearer idea of what I'm going to be doing.

lol Needless to say two things....
One, I'm glad I'm not a couple of the managers who will be at the store all night it sounds like.
and Two, that once I get home I can crash. That should be interesting. How long will I fall asleep for? Dunno. Guess I'll see tomorrow after my shift lol. :)

In any case. :) I hope all you who get to sleep tonight sleep well!
For I shall be staying up! :D
Yay for a chance to be a night owl! :D
I hope I don't regret this in a few hours lol. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I only really remember the first dream I had as it woke me up like an hour after I went to bed....the rest kinda faded. But this one...I was trying to wake myself up for some reason. My room was dark and I found it difficult to move about. I managed to push myself up and got one of my hands to turn on the light switch. Yet I couldn't see the light turn on. :S I tried to force my eyes open and I saw...white light, but being momentarily distracted I would realize that my eyes were once again closed and I was in darkness when I wanted to be awake and see where I was. I also felt like my jaw was clenched tightly shut, like super tight and I knew that wasn't good to do and I didn't want to hurt myself or lock my jaw. Yet every time I reached to my mouth to open it...my jaw was already open, like I was silently screaming. Every Time. Even though I couldn't see my own face, I felt like my head was just a black skeleton mummy thing and my jaw had been frozen into the open scream position. I could feel my jaw was closed, yet it was open when I'd feel it.

Finally I managed to chase away the dream, and the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
and I became myself again...freaked out from that odd...dream, that didn't give me a sense of comfort as well.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment