Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's Not An Ending. :)

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

If anyone asked me what my favorite quote from a book is....I would have to say the one above.
As it starts the books of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
And I've reread the series enough...to have it memorized. ^^ lol.

Though, I'm often alone in my love for this series.

I've asked others if they've read the Wheel of Time.
Most often they haven't.
If they have....they haven't finished it.

"Have you read the Wheel of Time?"
"Well....I started it."
"But?"

I know what comes next. lol.

"But...the description bogged me down, I couldn't finish it."

I'm not sure what it is about description that makes it hard for people to read the series. (perhaps its the size. Each book is like over 500 pages long... 500 x 14 books over 34,000 pages long. :D LOVE IT!! others....probably not so much. ;) lol)
I mean....lots of people have read Tolkien...and I'm pretty sure he uses just as much description.
They can finish that just fine.
Why not the Wheel of Time? lol. :)

Oh well. ^^ They're missing out.

As you recall, I've done a post on the Wheel of Time in the past.
On my favorite scene of the series. Well...one of them. lol.

This post...
Not so much.
It's just a post of....anticipation.
I've started reading the series again.:D
As the last book.
THE LAST book.
Comes out in January...like exactly a month away!!
14 books long + a prequel.
And soon it will be done!
*shivers*
It's just unimaginable.
I mean...this series has been going on my whole life.
Literally my whole life.
Though I didn't pick up the series until...possibly the end of Elementary school...maybe sometime in  Jr. High.
I keep thinking there were only six books out when I started the series.
but judging by the release dates...we were already up to book 9....
Hmmm
In any case.

I love this series. ^^
So much depth.
So much detail.
lol I love love the detail.
Mostly because it's not quite soo...force upon you.
The detail flows.
and it makes sense with the character the pov is in.
It's noticed by them in proper moments.
^^ yes I love the detail.

And I'm not quite sure....how to feel as this series...is nearly complete.
The last book will soon be on the shelves.
So.
Weird.
I really hope the ending....is a good ending. Even if there are no endings to the turning of the Wheel of time. I hope...the ending of this...is good. ^^
Soo much anticipation. :D lol.

But there is one thing I love alot about this series.
And it's rereading it. :D

That's probably another odd thing about me.
When a new book comes out and I really like the series.
I will reread the books before it.
so I'm up to date with everything that is happening. :D

But the Wheel of Time series.
Oooo
*shivers*
It's just sooo....Wow.
I wish I could write this good.
Why?
The Foreshadowing.
Every time I go through the first books.
New pieces connect.
OH! This single sentence connects to this scene seven books away!
oooooo!
It's AWESOME!
And it starts from the first book.
Even the prequel...which was written yeeeeaaarrsss later connects with things in the first book. Giving you hints to peoples pasts.
So cool.
Amazing.
awesome.
It's part of the fun of reading this series.
The answers aren't given straight out.
Tantalizing hints.
Bits and pieces of pattern.
And they only make sense in the moment.
Or when you re-read it and see how long that moment has been waiting to actually come into play.
I love it.
Books that make you think.
consider.
wonder.
It's like no detail is too random.
No name is unimportant.
They all have a part in the story.
And some may only have a small scene.
while others...are mentioned again and again and again and connect all throughout the series.
And to think....
this book series spans over two decades.
And all the foreshadowing.
Wow.
Just. Wow.

It makes me...so giddy. :D
Everything weaves in and out of itself.
Even when the series is done.
I will re read this series at least once more. ;) lol.
Just so I can see how things back in book one, come to pass in book fourteen. :D

And so. The journey begins. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment