Sunday, December 23, 2012

October 1992 General Conference Priesthood Session


Happy Christmas Adam Everyone!
(You know...cus Adam came before Eve...)
As Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, I've decided to forgo posting the conference talks highlights tomorrow and will instead post them tonight. :)
Hope you don't mind. :)

Dallin H. Oaks -Bible Stories and Personal Protection
  • Joseph was unjustly sent to prison. But even there he excelled, and the Lord blessed him.
  • "Though comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel."
  • "This day will the Lord deliver thee into mind hand; and I will smite thee:
  • At times all of us must stand against those who mock and revile. Some of us, sometime, will face some earthly power as mighty as Goliath.
  • During the life I have had many experiences of being guided in what I should do and in being protected from injury and also from evil. The Lord's protecting care has shielded me from the evil acts of others and has also protected me from surrendering to my own worst impulses.
  • I am grateful that the Lord gave me the vision and strength to refrain from trusting in the arm of flesh and to put my trust in the protecting care of our Heavenly Father.
Dean L. Larsen -The Lord Will Prosper the Righteous
  • And when the priest had imparted unto them the word of God they all returned again diligently unto their labors; and the priest, not esteeming himself above his hearers, for the preacher was no better than the hearer, neither was the teacher any better than the learner; and thus they were all equal, and they did all labor, every man according to his strength.
  • It has always been so. when the lives of the people are in harmony with the Lord's will, all of the essential factors that produce the blessings God deigns to give to his children seem to come into line. Love and harmony prevail. Even the weather, the climate, and the elements seem to respond. Peace and tranquillity endure. Industry and progress mark the lives of the people.
  • "And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid."
  • Perhaps the greatest tragedies of all time have occurred when people have received the promised blessings of the Lord and then have forgotten the source of their good life.
  • We must be better than we have ever been before.
Gary J. Coleman -Jesus Christ Is at the Center of the Restoration of the Gospel
  • Upon asking God if the things of this gospel are true, I have received a witness more powerful than sight, more soul-assuring than words. The sweet witness by the power of the Holy Ghost that the truths of the restored gospel are upon the earth today has come to me.
  • Not only must we build upon the sure foundation of Jesus Christ, but the prophet Jacob identified Him as the "safe foundation"! This stone, he said, shall be "the great, and the last, and the only sure foundation."
  • Christ is always the rock upon which each of us must build, even the rock of revelation.
  • There truly is a strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life by following the Savior and the living prophets. We must accept them as the inspired trainers for our race of life.
  • There are obstacles strewn in our path upon which we may sprain an ankle or stub a toe. But we must keep going.
  • "I've fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
John B. Dickson -Nobody Said That It Would Be Easy
  • Brethren, i want you to know that having one arm for nearly thirty years has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. It hasn't been my greatest challenge, but it has been a great teacher to me, teaching me to be more patient and tolerant with others as I have had to learn to be more patient and tolerant with myself. It has helped me to understand the necessity of our having challenges in life to help develop our character and stamina, helping us to become what the Lord ultimately wants us to become.
  • The Oyster: There once was an oyster Whose story I'll tell, Who found that some sand Had worked under his shell. Just one little grain But it gave him a pain, For oysters have feelings That are very plain. Now did he berate This working of fate, That left hi in such a Deplorable state? Did he curse the government, Call for an election, And say that the sea Should have some protection? No! He said to himself As he sat on the shelf, "Since I cannot remove it, I think I'll improve it." Well, years passed by, As years always do., Till he came to his destiny, Oyster stew! But the small grain of sand That bothered him so Was a beautiful pearl All richly aglow. Now this tail has a moral, For isn't it grand, What an oyster can do With a small grain of sand? And what couldn't we do if we'd only begin With all of the things That get under our skin?
Thomas S. Monson -The Priesthood in Action
  • Every call to serve is a human drama in the life of the recipient.
  • "I would never do it differently. We could never have been as happy otherwise."
  • "The door of history turns on small hinges," and so do people's lives.
Gordon B. Hinckley -Building Your Tabernacle
  • Each of us is a distinct individual, but we are all of one mind, of one purpose, of one faith.
  • Be strong!
  • Be strong--be strong in the discipline of self. How many otherwise good men squander their strength and dissipate their will and literally destroy their lives because they have not the power of self-discipline.
  • There is neither happiness nor peace to be gained from surrendering to the weakness of indulging in these things which degrade and destroy.
  • There is too much of good to see; there is too much of wonderful reading to be experienced to waste time and destroy character and willpower in submitting to such destructive rot.
  • Be strong--in standing for the right.
  • Be strong, my brethren, in the quality of mercy.
  • "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God will a recompense; he will come and save you."
  • Be strong, my brethren, with the strength of simple honesty.
  • Be strong--in the faith by which you walk and in the Church of which each of us is a member.
  • "Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might."
  • "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
  • "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against ... the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
  • Be strong in your testimony of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He is the chief cornerstone of this great work.
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I dreamt...I was driving on the freeway, in a snow storm and the guardrail suddenly got too close, I tried to avoid it, but over corrected. I was skidding...crashing and all I could think was "Please Heavenly Father, protect me, help me make it out of this alive and well."

Then the holy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment