Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Third Frog

A guy came in a bit ago....I don't remember how long....one week...two weeks....
A bit ago.
I remember him because he entered right as the doors of Starsmet opened.
In a little baggy he held two African Dwarf Frogs.
He was returning them both because
One had a leg that wasn't working right, it moved oddly.
And the second because that fella didn't have a leg at all.
He wanted frogs that were healthy and whole.
So he returned them, and got one frog instead that was whole, as we were low on African Dwarf Frogs at that point, and we ended up not getting a shipment last week of them, but we did this week.
In any case.
I put the two frogs in the back tank to Isolate them.

I halfway consider that tank to be the tank of 'no return' as often...the fish we put in there are already sick...and most of them die.
Unfortunately the frog with the leg not working right didn't make it.
And I kinda assumed that the other one died as well.
>.> For it was that kind of iso tank at the moment.

So I kinda forgot about the three legged frog in back.
Yet yesterday...I think it was yesterday, I noticed that he was still alive.
And today...he was still alive.
We couldn't sell him because he only had three legs -he only has a stump for his front left leg- so we put him up for adoption (meaning that he was free to a good home.)  
Anyway,
the little fella was on my mind as last night I dreamt about frogs.
and today he was there...in the tank, with some other fish that weren't doing that great.
I didn't want the poor guy to be back there forever more.
And once I got home from work I thought :Why not?
I sent a text to Kikay saying basically "Hey we have a three legged frog up for adoption do you want him?"
I wasn't sure what she'd say,
because we already have two African Dwarf Frogs.
One we started off Fostering for one of her friends as their apartment complex didn't allow them to have any pets whatsoever, but we could have a fish tank here. His name is Horatio. And we've had him for like two years now....
the other we named Tiana (from Princess and the Frog) and I think Kikay got her as a buddy for Horatio. She is also nearly two years old, probably a year and a half. I'm really not sure lol.
I didn't know if Kikay wanted to add a third frog to the mix right now though.

We'd talked about it, because unfortunately Horatio is pretty old, and he's not doing that great. So we talked about getting another frog when he passes on.
Horatio is still here, but that three legged frog...needed a home.
I didn't want to leave him in that tank any longer in the back room.

Kikay texted back "YES!"
lol ^^ We love the gimpy animals. Kikay especially, when I raised guppies she would take all the ones with crooked backs and place them in her tank calling them "Funny Weirdos"
So I thought she'd like him. I mean I liked him. He's sweet.
lol I hadn't even gotten him from the store yet, I was still driving there when Kikay texted me "I shall call him Legolas"

I was like O.o Kikay don't name him yet! What if he's not even there anymore! Alot could happen in the hour I hadn't been at work. :S
But I went into the back, and he was still there.
*Sigh of Relief*
He was still alive.
*Bigger Sigh of Relief*
So I went to go find Reth cus I knew she'd be there.
And asked her if it was alright if I'd take the three legged frog in back.
"Oh yes! Wait, let me go check and see if we have any gimpy frogs in our display tank and you can take them as well or choose from them."
Ha. I was like "Oh no. The one in the back is good." -I think Reth wanted to give me a healthy gimpy frog to adopt, but I knew the guy in back was healthy he'd just been back there because he was a return.
She was like "Are you sure?"
I was like "Yah, my sister has already named him, Legolas."
It was unthinkable to get a different frog when the one I was getting already had been named. :S
I wanted Legolas, he was coming home with me no matter what, the other gimpy frogs -if we have any I have no idea if we do- can go to other homes. I want this guy as he'd been back there ownerless for like two weeks now.
So Reth said "Okay." and I went in back to fish him out.
Lol....I wonder what the other customers thought about a 'customer' disappearing into the 'employee only doors." It's kinda weird to not be in uniform at work..
In any case. I got in back and...
Legolas wasn't there!
I mean he was gone!
()_()!
NO!
NO!
NOOO!!
Where'd he go!
I saw him like 15 minutes ago! -I had to wait for Reth to get done with a customer before I could ask her.
I took the net, checking all the plants, and the rock where he'd been hiding before.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Where was he!
Did he get out?
Was he adopted out while I wasn't looking?
It was impossible!
Reth came in back -possibly wondering what was taking me so long.
(She needed the container I borrowed to move the frog to fish other fish out for customers)
And I was like "I can't find him! I know he's in here but I can't find him!"
Then I moved the rock for like the fourteenth time.
And there he was.
He'd apparently been clinging to the rock or something.
*Big Sigh of Relief*
I fished him out, and bagged him up -the customer watching me probably thought I was crazy for bagging up a frog when I wasn't in work clothes.
And took him home.
Little Legolas is ours! Ha!
Our newest pet.
Heh. He's like a David to the Goliath that Tiana is as she's full grown and he's just a youngling. Horatio is basically as big as Tiana, but skinnier because he hasn't been feeling well.
It's so weird to see how small Tiana and Horatio used to be and how big they are now.

^^ I'm glad they seem to be getting along though the three of them.
And Legolas doesn't seemed phased at all about not having a leg. He's just as able to cling to the side of the bag and resist getting placed in the tank as the other two are.

Heh. I find myself continuously checking in on the three of them.
Worried that the two may be picking on the new guy.
-I've been around the Hamsters alot and when we try to introduce new hamsters into a cage with other hamsters, just to see if we can make room elsewhere, we have to watch them to see if they fight or not. Sometimes they do....sometime they don't. It depends.
I guess frogs are different lol.
They're all doing great. ^^

Welcome to the family Legolas. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

It involved our two frogs. I think for pieces of it I was the same size as the two frogs, but I was trying to keep them safe in their tank from a big orange tabby cat, while also trying to convince the cat not to chase me around as well. I think I was trying to move the frogs to a new home, but it was difficult as the cat would chase me around the house and outside around our lamp post. It was crazy and afterwards I ended up on a ship....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D


No comments:

Post a Comment