Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Just A Little Pinch

I was wrong.
It's not just a little pinch.
Not all the time.

.....Remember the post I did a while ago, where I said being 'bit' by the parakeets wasn't so bad.

Well....I'm going to qualify that now.
*Most of the time, isn't that bad.

Today....was an exception.

Oh, no blood was drawn.
But....
It sure hurt like crazy!!

You see, I had to clip a parakeet's wings today.
(I sure hope I did that right....)
And the guy who had the bird said "Be careful, he's a biter, he knows just where to go."
I kinda mentally rolled my eyes at that.
I'd been pinched by the birdies before.
Usually on my fingers,
But nothing that bad.

Today I found out differently.

This was like evil little sibling bad.

The bird knew straight where to go.
I think he probably had a sharper beak as well.
You see most birds will just go for the object in front of them.
Which is usually my finger.
You know..the finger part of the finger not the tip or anything.
And pitching there isn't that bad.

No, this guy.
He went for the tip of my thumb.
Ow.
He went for my finger fingers.
Alright...but pointy ow.
And then....
as I had to constantly shift the bird about to get both wings....
The little 'angel' went for the skin between my thumb and pointer finger.
The 'corner' of the L shape your hand makes when you make the letter L with your hand.
HE bit down HARD!
I mean SUPER HARD!
And I was like "Little angel. please Let go.
Oh no.
The devil bit own HARDER.
So I tried to pull him off me.
He adjusted his grip and bit down harder on a different portion.
I wanted to shake the little creature back and forth until he let go.
Like six times he did that.
Just biting down,
harder
and Harder
AND HARDER
OWWWWWWW!!!!!
If anyone was watching.
They would be impressed by my self restraint and patience.
As I did NOT fling the bird every which way.
I did NOT squeeze him hard.
And I certainly did still clip his wings.

Yah....he survived intact.
Barely.

My hand on the other hand....
Well it's not the worse for wear.
But it sure stung like crazy for an hour or two afterwards.
It still kinda hurts in the L part of my hand...you know if I try to make it hurt. lol.

So beware.
>.>
Some parakeets know where to pinch where it really truly can be painful.


:)
Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment