Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Bittersweet Goodbye

It's been a dark day at work.

Why?
Because Tawl has left. :(
My morning buddy has been like a grandfather to me.
But due to him moving upstate a couple of hours.
The commute became a bit much.
So...Tawl has left.

And I really miss him.
Like I said. He's been like a grandfather to me.
Spoiling me like crazy. lol.

He basically took me under his wing and looked out for me when I first started working at Starsmet.
He's always been sweet, good natured, and loved to spoil me.

For example.
It wasn't his duty to clean the floor of the cat area in the store.
But, he did it anyway.
He would wait until I was done with them, and then go in after me to sweep and mop the floor to make it look nice.
If he saw me trying to carry the garbage bags to the back, from bedding changing, he would literally grab the bag out of my hands.

We had a fun relationship.
I would do what I could to make his tasks easier.
Try to clean up the bedding mess before he got there with his broom to do it.
Move out of his way so he wouldn't have to go around me and double back.

lol It was a fun time. I enjoyed being with him and silently being in competition with him.
To be done with my tasks before he reached me with his.

He's a sweet guy.
Always looking out for me.
lol and giving me cookies alot.
Not just one.
But like half a dozen at a time.

Work always went better when he was there.

It was bittersweet saying goodbye to him.
He kissed my forehead and gave me a hug as he left. Just like a grandfather would.

Yes.
I definitely missed him this morning.
Seeing another doing his jobs.
Not in his order.
Not in his way.

It was heart wrenching.
And made me miss him more.

Yah...it's going to take a bit to get used to him not being there.
My adoptive grandfather.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

At work, Bob was accusing me of not doing my jobs. That I was slacking off. I was arguing with him that I wasn't. I was doing what I could under the circumstances. I was doing different duties, but he wasn't having any of it. He didn't think I was doing my job.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment