Wednesday, April 10, 2013

An Old Hobby

You know those old childhood hobbies that you loved....
but for some reason dropped and never picked up again?

Well...
I picked up an old hobby today. :)

When I was younger, I had a ton of fun with looms.
Like the yarn looms -where you tie different colored pieces of string onto a pattern that become tapestries or pillows.
But also the Seed Bead Looms.
Where you can make Bracelets.

I loved doing that.
And I really can't remember why I stopped....

In any case...a little bit ago, I remembered this Hobby.
And decided to pick it up again.
So I went to the local craft store and bought me a loom!
Since I have no idea where my other one is.
I admit, it seems to be a bit smaller then my other loom...
but everything was bigger when you're smaller right?

In any case.
I made a bracelet!

And as of yet it hasn't fallen apart. lol.
We'll see how long that lasts.

Here's the before picture:
I ended up grabbing a notebook and using the lined paper to help me figure out the pattern before I put it on the loom. :)
-Seriously time consuming! Those little beads didn't want to cooperate.

The finished result?

Tada!
Not bad for my first time in a decade. :)

Can't wait to do more! :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was trying to ship some of my stuff from a party that I went to. The guy in charge of shipping...was concerned with the shoes. And depending on the type of boots...depended on the type of treatment he gave them before packaging them up to prevent them from freezing in the plane. I remember thinking it was weird that he was concerned with the shoes and why they had to go in the cargo bay when my other luggage didn't....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment