Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Random Meeting

My goal, upon leaving the concert on campus, was to get to my car as quickly as possible.
Why?
Because it was dark.
And I was by myself.

I left the scene of the concert and traveled through the unfamiliar hallways, searching for my route out of the crazy building design.
Up some stairs I came to an intersection.
Going straight would probably take me to my car quicker.
But, I had come from the left when searching for the room the concert would be in.

-It's one of those buildings where there's classrooms in the middle and hallways around it, and my destination on the opposite side of where I'm at.

I'm not sure why, but I chose to go left.
On a path less traveled it looked like.
Seriously, there was something...different about going left.
The Hallway seemed bigger and more imposing
While the straight hallway looked like a quick shot to freedom.
Yet this was the direction I had come from when heading to the concert...
So left I walked.

I turned the corner, heading towards the food court area.
And saw two guys dressed in black shirts walking to me.

Idk why but there is something creepy about two guys in black in an otherwise empty hallway walking towards a girl by herself.
Yah.
Totally regretted my decision to go this way upon seeing them.
But I wasn't going to turn around and go the other way.
So I set my eyes ahead, and quickened my pace a bit.
Ready to walk by the guys and on my way.

When one of them called out to me.
"SARNIC DIRCHI?!?!"

I'm a bit too used to work, where I have a name tag on my shirt that lets everyone know my name.
And I had a brief thought that this was how the stranger knew me.
Automatically I turned to my name.
Focused in on the guys.
My perception of them suddenly shifted as I looked at them.
I grinned. "Shangi! Bramar!"

I actually knew these guys!
Really.
I knew them.
Have known them since Elementary School really.
Shangi is a neighborhood friend of mine, and Bramar went to school with me, and actually goes to college on the campus I had gone to the concert.

lol basically at the same time Shangi and I were like: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!"
Because neither of us go to this campus.
So neither of us expected to see the other.

It turns out Shangi had been invited by Bramar to go to a comedy show happening at the same time on campus. Afterwards Shangi wanted a tour, so that was what they were doing when they bumped into me. :)
Me? Totally just got done with a concert. ;) lol.

It was awesome seeing the two of them.
And I had to laugh at myself for thinking these two were 'creepy' before.
For they're totally not.

It shows that I don't look at faces first when approaching people.
For if I had actually focused in on them first, I probably would have recognized them first. ;) lol
No...I focused more on the general shape of them. And the color of their clothing.
Two guys. Wearing black. After dark. In an empty hallway....

Yah. Silly me.
But to be fair, I didn't expect to see anyone I knew on campus.
So therefore I didn't see anyone I knew on campus.

Until they called out to me. :)

lol I'm so glad that they did.
It was great catching up with them and goofing off for a little bit.

And...I did make it to my car safely ;) lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved taking care of a garden, and trying to get everything to grow and stay ripe, while feeling like I was failing at it for various reasons.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment