Friday, April 5, 2013

Clean Floors

There are things that happen....that really don't make sense to me.

Take for example Carpet cleaning.

Why on earth would you do Carpet cleaning like three weeks before half of the apartment complex moves out for the summer?
I would think you'd want to do it right after everyone moves.
I mean...think of the higher traffic all the floors receive.
More people are coming in and out.
Furniture and other heavy things are being dragged across the floors.

Seriously...I think the carpets would stay cleaner if you did them after everyone moved out. I mean all the stuff that isn't the apartment's would be gone!
But then again...for everyone moving in....it probably doesn't make much of a difference when the carpets are cleaned.

Except....it's a huge hassle to those still in school.
Especially if you've collected alot of things.
That have ended up on the floor.
Over the years.

I mean...it wouldn't be too bad if they just asked you to clean your room.
But to move all furniture that isn't the apartment's property off the carpets....
Is a huge pain.
Because we can't just stuff them willy nilly in the tiled areas.
No, the kitchen has to remain clear so the guys can reach the sink....for some cleaning purpose.
So there goes half of the space.
Then you need to leave places clear so you can actually move around the apartment...
Yah. A huge pain for one such as I.
Who has brought alot of furniture in to make my place more homey.

But. I figured it out.
I got everything out of the way. ^^

Lol and got called "Scary Efficent" by Kikay when she got home from work, as when she'd left, nothing had changed. But when she came back I had cleared out the front room and was just finishing the disaster area that was my bedroom. ^^;; Yep. All clean three hours later lol.

But now....
that the carpets are cleaned....
I have absolutely no desire to move anything back into my room.

Why?
Because I'm moving at the end of the month.
And I find it hard to put everything back....to just pack it all up again.

However, I did realize.
That this whole moving thing is going to be more complicated then I thought.
As I've forgotten about the dark places.

You know the dark places?
It's where you stick things that you don't want to deal with...an forget about them.
Like...under the bed, in a desk drawer, in a cabinet.
And now...faced with moving.
I have to face this dark abyss of things that haven't seen the light of day in months if not years.

Yah...this is going to be fun....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment