Friday, April 12, 2013

Clicking Trouble

Owning a Car is like putting something in the refrigerator.
Nothing should ever go bad.

But like that food growing mold in the back of the fridge...
Cars need to have maintenance.
Or else they won't work and will cause you trouble in the future.

Like yesterday.
You see...
Everything went pretty normal.
Until near dark when I went to pick up Kikay from school.
(I never found out the reason why she walked to school instead of driving....)
Anyways.
I went out side.
Got in the car.
Pulled out of the stall...
and thought I heard something.
I turned off the radio.
And yes. I did hear something.
So I pulled into another stall, parked the car, turned it off, turned it on...and the sound was still there.

What was it?
A clicking noise.
The closest I can get to describing it is when one places a baseball card next to the back wheel of a bicycle and when the card hits the wheel as you ride...it makes a similar sound.
And...turning the car on and off....didn't solve the problem.

As at first I thought that the car just hadn't started right.
It had made weird sounds before, that were solved by turning the car on and off.
Not this time.
But I didn't have time to figure out the problem.
I had to go pick up Kikay.

Yah, not the most pleasant drive when you're accompanied by clicking coming from your engine.
So I got to the parking lot.
Turned off the car.
And while waiting for Kikay to get out.
Called my Daddoo for his opinion.
Kikay and I ended up messing around with the engine. Trying to figure out where the oil was, and where the sound was coming from.
It sounded like the Fan or the belt.
Figured it was the belt...
We weren't sure though.
and Daddoo couldn't do much over the phone. :(
So he said not to drive it much until I could get someone down here to look at it.
Luckily....I didn't have plans to go anywhere that night, and I had the day off of work today.
So I took Kikay home as she had to get to work,
and called my next option.
Brother Surro.
I figured he knew a bit about cars, as I'd seen him working on a wardy's car earlier in the year.
Yah...he couldn't help me over the phone.
And suggested I drive over to his place (like a mile away. so not too bad)
But I was like ()_() BUT WHAT IF MY CAR EXPLODES ON THE DRIVE OVER!!!!

Oddly enough (and a fervent prayer later) the car wasn't making as loud of a sound as I drove over to Brother Surro's home. Almost like it was getting better. Almost.

Brother Surro's expression of relief when he opened the hood and saw something he recognized underneath. -He didn't know as much about the newer cars and was worried that he would be dealing with that.
He listened to the car...decided it was the....levels? Idk the thingymababbers that go up and down in the engine (yes I know car speak...not.) And that I might not have enough oil in my car.
So he went to check the oil...
Only he couldn't find it.
I pointed out what I thought was the oil...
Turns out it was the dipstick to the Transmission Fluid.
So Kikay and I had been looking at the wrong fluid.
(Who knew cars had sooo many different fluids under the engine?)

Weeeeelllll.......
We looked.
and looked.
and looked....
and looked.
And couldn't find the dipstick for the engine oil.

So Bro Surro brought out his son, to help look for it.
He couldn't find it either.
O.o Does my car not have oil!!?!?
lol.
Finally.
We did what any normal person in this society would do.
Googled it.

The response.
"If you can't find the dipstick that means the top is broken off as it's made of plastic. So the stick is even with the hole."
Well...that's helpful.
But with that little bit of information, the son found the dipstick!
And yah...it was broken off.

What did we find with the oil?
Guys who love cars should probably stop reading now.

My oil was really low.
Like probably under a quarter quart low. :S
Probably the, if I'd driven the car for too much longer, my motor would have seize up and cost me tons of money low.

Yikes!
-The problem is that I lost my little sticker that says when I'm supposed to get the next oil change...and I really can't remember the last time I got my oil changed...:S oops.

In any case.
Bro Surro was super nice and filled me up so that I was only a half quart low instead of under a quarter quart low.

Needless to say....my car sounded much better then!! :D

And the son seemed really impressed that I had thought to ask for help in the first place.
I guess it comes from experience,
As apparently his last two girlfriends...ended up seizing up their motor because they didn't ask for help, totally costing them tons of money to fix it.
He repeated that two or three times. That he was impressed that I had asked for help.

O.o Why wouldn't I? lol :)
If my car suddenly makes funny noises when they weren't there earlier this morning when I drove the car two and from work....then obviously something is wrong and I need to fix it. right? Right.

lol Funnily enough my first thought was "Oh no! I hope a cat's not stuck in there!"
Weird because I haven't seen any cats around recently.
But relevant because my kitty cat Whisker ended up in my brother's car earlier in the week. :(
Took off his fan -which got my bro super mad.
But all we could find of my kitty were patches of fur. :S
Was he alive?!?!
Yes.
Yes he was.
Photo: That's what a call a close shave

But he has a nice bald spot now.

I'm just glad he's okay. ^^;;
Y_Y Other kitty cats in the neighborhood haven't fared to well when it comes to our car engines.

So yah....
I left Bro Surro's home only after I promised to get my oil changed in the morning -as that was super dirty.
Which I did today. :)
Everything's good again!
Yay :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment