Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sinus Painfulness

I haven't been sleeping well the past couple of nights...actually like three nights.
The first night was the usual drama of a headache/muscle tension making me toss and turn.
But the two nights after that...
have been for an entirely different reason.
Pain.
But not headache pain.
It's more like being punched in the jaw pain.
As the day after my headache night,
I basically succumbed to whatever Kikay has had.
And it involves...aching gums.
Which basically means I have a sinus cold.
As it started in my gums on the right side of my mouth -where a sinus is. and has worked is way down around to the gums on the bottom of my jaw and is slowly moving down my neck...kinda... as my neck has been tense for the past couple of days as well. Staring with that headache it moved from the left side to the right and hasn't budged since then.
So a tense neck/shoulder.
Aching gums...
and nothing seems to help for long.
Tylenol, Advil, Aleve....all seem to only work for a couple of hours....before the pain comes back.
Putting cold helps...until my mouth unnumbs and then it's twice as bad.
Eating helps to relieve some of the pressure I'm feeling...but still makes it hurt.
Heat...has been my best option so far.
But heat packs only stay warm for a couple of hours.

So overall...I've been tossing and turning all night long, trying to get comfortable...and not succeeding for long.
I'm not sure how I'm managing to function actually.
I guess I get enough interrupted sleep to be rested.
So I can function at work and such...
until the pain pills wear off.
Then all I can think about is my aching mouth.

I hope it fades.
Soon.
I'm tired of feeling almost normal only to have to go run to my heat pack and hold it to my head for a couple of hours until the pain fades away.

....I really need to do something that distracts me from this....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

It was another spy sort of dream. There was this tall guy. Short buzz cut hair, shadow beard. He worked at a restaurant that sold food for the 'skinny' and food for the 'fat' -portion wise. It was weird. Skinny food would be like a two bite hamburger. While 'overweight' food would be a humongous nacho salad type of thing. Really controversial. Anyway, the guy was like a vigilante, working to keep the streets safe, only the cops didn't approve and they were after him. They caught up with us -him, me a couple of others- at my grandparents home. But we ran across the street to escape from their notice. We tried a diversionary tactic that had worked in a different dream, but the cops followed us...only they didn't find us. We had laid down in the grass...which had been cut....but the guys following us acted like it was ten feet tall, stepping over and around us, not seeing us at all even though we were in plain sight...we weren't in plain sight to them. That allowed us to escape....

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment