Friday, April 19, 2013

An Evening Shift Surprise

It's been a long day.
That's why I don't like working evening shifts.
Because it makes the day waaaaay longer.
It's even worse when I have a normal early shift the next day.
For it means I basically go to work, go to bed, only to go to work again.
Blehhhhh

But.
There was a bright spot in my day today. ;)

You see...I was kinda halfway helping one of my coworkers to adopt out a lizard of ours that was missing a leg. Adding in tidbits of information before breaking away to go help other customers...as I was customer service today. -Totally makes the day slow as I have no animal tasks to make the time go by faster. :(
Well, a little bit later, after they had adopted out this lizard,
the couple came up to me. -I assume they were a couple.

"Hey can we ask you a question?"
"Sure." I replied.
"It has nothing to do with lizards or animals actually."
O.o. I had no idea what they were going to ask then. I mean...it is a pet store. What non-related question could you ask?
"Alright?"
"Don't take this weird, but...are you single?"
O.o I smiled. "Yes."
"Oh good." She glanced to the guy she was with. Then back to me. "Would it be weird if I sent my brother in here in a bit to ask for your number?"
Yes. Yes it would lol. "No?"
"Okay, good. Wait...how old are you?"
I told her.
The guy nodded in approval. "Good good."
...Yah totally feeling like a horse for auction.
"Okay, he'll come in a bit later tonight. He's a bit awkward so that might tip you off."
lol. "Alright." -I'm sure I said more words...I just don't remember. "Sounds good." I actually had half the mind that this kid wasn't going to show up. So I wasn't too concerned.
"Oh and one last thing...are you Mormon?"
I nodded and smiled. "yes I am."
"Great! That's very important to him and I thought I would make sure you were....see you later!"
I waved goodbye and went back to work.

So weird.
That's the first time that's happened...at work.
I've had a lot of people say "I'm going to set you up with so and so...." only to have it never really happen. So I put the matter from my mind -easy to do when the store suddenly has a hundred and three tasks that need to get done.

Then a while later, near when I would take my last break of the night....
I was in the middle of cleaning up a doggymess with my bucket and mop....
I looked up and saw this guy, he looked cute. light blonde hair, checkered blue shirt. Friendly smile.
lol I have no idea how long he'd been in the store.
As I remember seeing him briefly when moving my mop around, and just as I was finishing,
he approached.
"Hello." I said.
"Hi."
"Can I help you with anything?" -Cus you know...it is a pet store...people sometimes need help.
And he was like "No" gestures wide. "Just looking around."
"Okay."
"Actually....I was looking for you."
Click click.
OH!! So this was the brother!

When the sister mentioned awkward, I totally pictured the brother as the type that sits at home playing video games all day long, totally lost in the virtual world.
No, he's just that shy awkward. And cute! :)

So I was like "Oh! you're the brother!" and the conversation started from there. lol.

One of the benefits of working in a store that requires you to talk to people.
Is that you can totally get away with talking to people,
when it's not necessarily work related, as you look like you're talking to a customer and trying to help them solve their problems.
However, when Tocc walked by for like the third time,
I decided that I couldn't stand by the registers anymore,
and told the guy to follow me to the back so that I could put the broom away.
Luckily enough.
My manager passed by just as I reached the back and told me to take my last break.
Which meant.
I could talk and not have to look like I was working.
lol. So we stood behind the partition that hides the entrance to the break room.
And were able to talk without me having to be distracted with other people in the store.
That also gave me the opportunity to remember that I might actually be seeing this guy again.
Soo...I really should ask for his name.

lol. As my mom says: "You're the only girl I know who can talk to a person for an hour (not that long) and not know anything about them."
^^;;;
Heh.

At least I remembered to ask for his name.
It would be really sad if I walked away and didn't know it at all.

Anywho.
At the end of my break -when the sister and boyfriend showed up again....apparently they bought another lizard for their lizard friend. O.o
He finally asked for my number.

and we're going out next week at some point. :)

This should be interesting.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I entered into some caverns that were partially underwater. Meaning that I was waist deep most of the time in water. It was like a maze in there. And pitch black. We didn't have flash lights. It was just adventuring around in the darkness. Filling your way through the place. I had a sort of flashback at one point where I got the history of the caverns. How a young American male came to this foreign land and ended up trying to woo an Arabian princess. However, the prince that was also wooing her as well as marrying her -I think it was arranged- didn't take well to that, and the American ended up getting tossed into the caverns. Where he found a bit of solace and strength in an old stone book/statute guardian. It kept him sane and when he tried to move it some time later...it revealed an exit with old boards around it. I crawled out to escape....only to end up back in the caverns. With a group of others, showing them the way into the entrance. Only...this waterway entrance was different. There was a secret gate to lock, and the place was like an old sunken home. With dusty furniture and lights and such. But danger was coming. We didn't want a group to get in so we shut the door, and for good measure I tried to lock the gate...only the gate wouldn't stay locked. I messed with it, and suddenly it was part of a gate of a theme park ride of haunted proportions where you sat in the seat and the gate was like lace...but with needles sticking out of them. It was scary, as there was actually a hint of danger to them.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment