Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Buttery Wells of Heaven

Pancakes.
They're good.
But not as good as I want them to be.
Why?
Because, unlike the other 98%...
I don't like Syrup.
Soo it doesn't end up on my pancakes.
I know. I know.
Then what do I put on my pancakes if not syrup?!?!

Butter.

And there in lies the problem.
Because butter melts waay to quickly into my pancakes.
and they don't seem to hold the buttery flavor well enough.

Therefore, I prefer waffles.

For they hold in the melted butter sooo much better.
Little pockets of heaven with every mouthful.

Only....
Waffles are hard to come by.

Pancakes are easier to make, and common everywhere.
But Waffles.
It seems like only hotels and homes do those.
And since I haven't been on vaca recently...

I haven't had waffles.

BUT!
I solved the problem!
So I asked for a waffle maker!

The kind that are square, and you don't have to flip over the waffle maker. (I think the flipping kind is the Belgium kind?)
Easy peasy to find the regular square ones right? The ones that don't flip over right?

Wrong.
Apparently those are now very well.
But my awesome parents prevailed.
And I got a waffle maker for Christmas!

Last week was my first time using it.
^^;;;
Heh.
What can I say...having never made waffles before....I was a bit leery of striking out on my own.
Especially since I remember that my dad would make like twelve waffles at a time...
and I cannot eat those all in one sitting...
and I really really hate eating left over waffles...*shudders*

But the other day I gave in to my craving.
I wanted WAFFLES and I would have them now!
So I pulled out my new shiny waffle maker that makes four waffles at a time. (or one huge one.)
Grabbed the pancake mix.
Figured out how to cut the batter down to a reasonable size.

And....
I MADE WAFFLES!!
Three of them. ^^ The perfect amount to eat.
Okay...so two would be better, but that day I ate all three.

THEY WERE DELICIOUS!
Why have I not made these before?!?!
I'm totally addicted now.
I just want waffles everyday.
All that buttery goodness. ^^
Yummy yummy in my tummy.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in this facility...like an underground compound that held 'dangerous' people. The red lights and alarm bells were flashing as I ran through the concrete hallways up stairs and down back ways full of pipes. Behind me, the head guard chased me. He'd caught me outside, and wasn't going to let me escape. For I was Spiderman. What they considered a criminal, and they didn't want me returning to be a menace to society. I ran up(down?..so many ways) a never ending stairwell. In desperation I hit one of the doors marked "exit" and surprisingly it opened outside! It was dark with street lights lighting up the parking lot inside a fenced area. I ran down the stairs into the parking lot. In the distance I heard a man yelling to free spiderman and he didn't believe that spiderman was dead. It was a hobo looking guy, wrestling with the guards of the gate. He had set of the alarm that had allowed me to escape. And knowing that I was being foolish, I ran out into the open -maskless as they took my mask- and waved to the guy calling out to him. To show him that Spiderman was indeed still alive. The guy shouted in joy "I knew he was alive! I knew spiderman was alive!" I turned and saw the head guard standing there. I held out my wrist, but he just laughed as my web slingers had been emptied. He didn't laugh when the battery shot out and hit him squarely in the head, allowing me to get away. Only, I was tiring. I couldn't run as fast I wanted to, I was tiring, weak from my captivity, but I wasn't going to go back, no way. I made it to a corner of the high wall that had concrete designs that I could climb up on. Out of nowhere a girl, amazoness in looks wearing a bright red sparkly jumpsuit (like my own superhero suit,) with her long blond hair pulled back into a pony tail. She shot arrows at the guards, defending me. Helping me to get away. Weakily I climbed up over the gate, but I hesitated. I couldn't just leave the girl behind. But she kept yelling at me to go, that she could take care of herself as she shot arrows and used her bow to defeat the badguys. I was arguing with her on whether or not I should leave -even though I knew I was in no condition to fight....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D


No comments:

Post a Comment