Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Simple Hug

Being a witness of the faith of young people has increased my faith.
One young mother wrote:

"When I was 13 I knew my life was not worth living.
I was living in an abusive home where there never seemed to be lasting happiness.
My two best friends told me they didn't want to be friends with me anymore because I thought I was too good for them, which made no sense but left me feeling completely alone.

"As the battles in my house continued to rage, I went to my bedroom.
I was so scared.
I knelt and called to the one person I still knew I had.
I pleaded to my Father in Heaven to somehow take me home.
I said, 'Father, I need to be with you.
I need to feel your arms around me.'
As I sat crying and quietly waiting in that desperate moment for Heavenly Father's arms to reach down, I heard a voice, 'Put your arms around yourself, and I will be with you.'
As I followed that prompting, I felt Heavenly Father's love assure me that I could go on, and I would go on and I was not alone."

Janette Hales Beckham -Making Faith a Reality -October 1997 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I vaguely remember something having to do with a disease that gave a guy thick saliva that acted like a hook in some way...

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment