Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Storage Mountain

I dug through a mountain of boxes in the storage room of the parental's home today.
Why?
Because I got back into reading, that's why. :)
And unfortunately, my place has limited bookshelf room....so I had to leave behind many a book. Which wouldn't have been so bad. I mean it's worked for me for the past few years to just cycle through my books each time I went home, bring home some, grab some others to take back.
Except...this year, was the year that Daddoo decided that I had been moved out long enough.
Yep. Storage boxes. There went my room. Into the deep dark basement in a bunch of boxes.
I hadn't considered the ramifications of this. I mean, I just assumed they were all stacked there pretty as can be in a reachable location, easy to find, easy to get to if I decided I ever needed anything.
Ha. The key would be 'reachable' there.
It wouldn't have been a problem, except for the fact that I was hunting for books and the books I was suddenly craving...weren't at my apartment. No, they'd been left at the parentals for safe keeping.
And let me tell you, they are safe. lol. *shakes head*
All my books stuffed into four boxes....at the bottom of a mountain of storage boxes containing a variety of items from me and my siblings.
Why the bottom?
Books are heavy that's why.
And confronting this task was going to take a lot of effort. I had no idea where to start.
So, I went back up the stairs for help.
And Mother Dearest came to my rescue. Directing me to the location where to start looking, we began our hunt.
Hunt for the 11 books I decided I suddenly needed. (three series)
Slowly the work began. Moving boxes about to get down into the bowels of the mount.
The first box yielded up only two treasures. :( Book 2 and 4 in a series. Not totally helpful.
Okay. So one box down, what about the next? Better results. 6 books. But only one complete series (easy enough because it was a 3 in one book so I only had to find one book)
The third box. I struck out. None of my books were in there.
At this point I was growing concerned, wasn't this the last box? Where had my other books gone!!
But then, the box below the one I was currently looking at turned out to be full of books as well!
Finally. Success!! ^^ I got all the books I needed.
Though, unfortunately not the whole series as apparently two more books have come out in the meantime I need to go hunt down. *shakes head* Ah well. ^^ I can at least now enjoy the ones I have....and can forget the mountain of storage boxes for the time being. lol :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Congrats Olympic Medalists!

20 Medals - Netherlands, United States
19 Medals - Russia
18 Medals - Norway
17 Medals - Canada
15 Medals - Germany
9 Medals - France, Austria, Sweden
8 Medals - Switzerland
6 Medals - Belarus, China, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Japan, Italy
4 Medals - Poland, South Korea
3 Medals - Australia, Latvia
2 Medals - Great Britain, Finland
1 Medal - Slovakia, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine

May the competition be just as fierce tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment