Friday, February 28, 2014

Found, A Giant

We were going to catch something, was my thought one day when I noticed that we had a different set of traps placed at work to catch bugs. They weren't their usual design, and I figured that they had been switched up because the bugs had gotten smart to the old trap's scent and weren't getting caught in them anymore. So they were going to a new trap -new scent- to catch stuff.

And did we catch something.

I missed all the drama, as I had a later shift at work that day,
but we caught a Leopard Gecko in one of those traps.
An adult Leopard Gecko.
This is a big deal because we only sell baby Leopard Geckos at Starsmet -like three inches- and I'd never seen an Adult before.
So to have one randomly show up in our trap?
Everyone was like O.o WHAT?!?! HOW DID YOU END UP HERE?!

The poor thing was stuck pretty good to the sticky trap, but luckily we had a vet nearby to take him to to see if there was anything they could do to save him. It took a lot of..mineral oil, I think it was, but they managed to unstick him and free him from his prison! With minimal damage done. Yay! :)
The Manager who found him thought he was a toy at first because of how big he was. lol

In any case.
I knew who this leopard gecko was.
Because a while ago...maybe even a year. (it's been a loooonnng time)...we misplaced one of our geckos.
He just went missing.
Which is super impressive in of itself...because it's not like they could climb out of the cage or anything...their feet don't stick to the sides like that... we have no idea how he got out.
But we knew that one was missing.
And then, a few months ago...Like September ish? Maybe during the summer,
I spotted him. Half grown, walking across the ground in front of me.
I was so surprised that I didn't move to catch him until it was too late, and he got away.

So I knew he was still alive...even if we couldn't find him.

Well, we finally found him.
And he is Giant!!! (probably from feasting on all the loose crickets)

This is a great comparison picture. (not a picture of him actually)

We usually get the small ones, so to see the adult one. Wow. Soo big!!

Talk about excitement for the day. ^^ It's awesome to see him alive and well. :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in a store with a couple other friends, and we were playing a game with the two owners of the store -two guys- who loved to have friendly competitions, one of my friends was like "Don't let my dad find you!" and so our goal was to avoid getting caught/recognized as not customers by his Dad, a bigger guy with a beard. And so I ran around the store, keeping out of the Dad's line of sight, and overheard the other guy -Clint? (like from Finding Bigfoot) telling the Dad, that they were having a customer come in who wanted to look at dresses and canvas bags, and canvas chairs. I kept that thought in the back of my mind until I made my way to the 'old fashioned' section of the store -which was up near the front- where they had dresses, capes, hoods, bags, backpacks and the like based off of the more Victorian era (Think 3 Musketeers Dress) I put on a red dress of that period and because I didn't want to be too matchy matchy I chose a green cloak to put on. Clint began helping me, thinking that I was the woman who was coming, but he eventually figured it out, yet, decided to continue the farce to help me win the game of keeping the Dad from 'finding' me. But then the Dad came over as well to help me look at Canvas Chairs, but he suddenly got suspicious. I couldn't look at him because the sun was right in that direction preventing me from seeing him due to the brightness. That worked against me as it made me look more suspicious and finally he caught me by asking "How do you spell Bianca?" (the name of the client.) I told him "B-I-A-N-C-A" which...apparently isn't how it's spelt (I never did find that out, but I think it had an E in it.) And so I got caught, but both of them thought I had done a marvelous job at the game, and the Dad told me about the one time he found a huge cache of animals to feed his family when he was playing the game (he was running through snow in a small village and ran at a line of hanging animals -there were two- and when he grabbed it, like a hundred more appeared in the distance- but now most of the time he was refinding caches of Candy -like a cache of candy I'd left on one of the shelves in the store- However, when he found those animals, he came across...a creature of sorts. It had yellowy skin, and wings, with an alien looking head, sharp teeth, creepy eyes, and looked more skin and bones. Kinda like a Drakhar but not quite. He pinned it down and left it to die. But when he showed it to us, in it's emaciated form, with the dried eyes still visible in it's staring sockets...it wasn't dead. The creature could still move, however he had no fear of it, because the creature could no longer move fast enough to catch us, or work his limbs well enough to be much of a threat. And so we returned to the house, and I ended up on the Piano playing some music before I just randomly started hitting cords to make up my own song, it went marvelous (I was surprised nobody was telling me to stop) and it kept getting better and better, but then I realized that Landon had joined me on the piano and he was playing a harmony song with mine making it much more deep and moving and energetic then just my hands could, and upon finishing...ah it was epic. Everyone was impressed by the song. Which started off a talent show where a mother -who was pregnant- and her two grown up daughters took their turns to sing. It was more like the mom started out, and the daughters jumped in to give backup. They were singing "Nearer my God to thee."

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D  

No comments:

Post a Comment