Wednesday, February 12, 2014

They Wants $$$

I bit the bullet today.
I went and got an oil change for my car.

Ah. You know what I mean now, don't you? I mean, you go in expecting to spend a certain amount of money, but somehow the mechanic dudes manage to milk as much money out of you as possible. So you spend way more than you expected to.

It was funny, while I waited for my turn.
How every time my fellow 'oil changers' got called up to assess the 'damages' they would enter back into the waiting room expressing the same sentiment "They're trying to get as much out of me as possible." Yah. Money. Money Money.
And it's up to us to decide how much money we actually want to spend.

So when my turn finally came up. I wasn't surprised that they wanted more money from me.
I'd actually prepared for it. I knew the basic cost of an oil change. Checked my account. Decided how high I could actually go when spending money. Then set myself a limit like $50 below that to give myself more wiggle room.

And so, I wasn't that oppose to changing air filters, fixing my wiper blades, topping off random fluids. As I knew I would have to. They'd find something to fix beyond changing my oil, so I let myself have room to let them fix it without totally breaking the bank.

That definitely doesn't mean I got everything they suggested fixed.
I held my ground. But I did get to see what other things will need to be fixed soon.
So that on my next paycheck, I'll probably go back in to 'update' a couple other things that would have set me over my budget this week. We'll.... 

Still... I spent more money then I wanted to, but I stayed under my budget. ^^ Woot.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Congrats Olympic Medalists!

12 Medals - Norway
10 Medals - Canada, Netherlands
9 Medals - United States, Russia
8 Medals - Germany
5 Medals - Austria
4 Medals - Switzerland, Slovenia, Sweden
3 Medals - France, Czech Republic, Japan
2 Medals - Italy
1 Medal - Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, South Korea, Australia, China, Finland, Great Britain, Latvia, Ukraine

May the competition be just as fierce tomorrow! :)

The Dream

I was with Oliver Queen, Thea, and their Mother having raced back from who knew where to return to their home, only to find out that their mansion, set among some redrocks, had been totally destroyed by fire. Possibly by a guy (bad guy) we'd left behind, to try and get us to side with his side. We were saddened by our loss, but we were determined to rebuild it. So I pulled out a device and through it out into the little valley our house had been situated in, and it expanded out to a somewhat rickety set of wooden bridges and walkways and platforms that would be our framework for where the halls and rooms would go. Momma Queen and Thea ventured out into the structures, already making plans, when the bad guy showed up. With a bunch of his evil friends. Namely Zombie creatures. We had to fight to get out of there or else become a zombie ourselves. Oliver disappeared, only for us to see Arrow on the rock faces fighting. It didn't take us long to wonder how he got there so fast because Oliver took off his hood basically said "I"m arrow! Run!" and we ran. Turns out there was a major zombie apocalypse that devastated most of the human population. We ran among the redrocks, until I spotted a 'secret entrance' a rope ladder at the base of a double arch. Cautiously we made our way there and down. The place used to be a secret oasis/retreat for the rich, but the guy had opened his 'doors' to create a secret society for humans to live in peace. The route down was super steep and so provided protection against the uncoordinated zombies. Those who tried would usually die from the fall to the bottom but we had guards posted to make sure of their demise. Oliver got married and with his wife had like seven children. All born at once...septuplets. And they were named after different emotions. The only one I could remember was 'Hunch' like from Hunched shoulders. In any case, it seemed like most of their children had problems Child 2 had broken his back and was helpless, child three had also a broken back but not as bad as #2. Some had been injured from being dumb, etc. But the family was happy enough, until another group of soldiers -humans- discovered our pocket oasis -they were the ones who told us of the devastation of the zombies. And wanted us to help out.
I ended up at a reunion of my family's where we had gathered with mom's side of the family to enjoy a meal of hotdogs, all cut up and grilled, among which I noticed some interesting hotdog sandwiches going on. Like the hotdog buns were used for other things besides hotdogs. I saw my dad with a fruit sandwich, mostly piled with blackberries, I grabbed some hotdogs, but ended up needing to leave to go to the restroom. However, the toilets were huge. I could have sat two of me side by side easily, and the door was a floating contraption as the hinges hadn't been hooked onto the frame. so it just floated there. I left quickly to avoid awkwardness, and returned to the deck running into my sister there. We were just in time to see a monster which looked like a ribbon candy come up and send a crack through the stern of our ship only a couple of feet behind us. Kim and I ran to prepare for sinking though the floor was still dry we got into makeshift rafts to prepare for the worst, wondering if we could use our abilities to help us out or not....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment