Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ceiling Party (Not)

The ceiling of my apartment almost caved in on me and my roomie last night.
And when I saved 'almost' I mean 'not really' and 'caved in' means 'it moved up and down a bit like a trampoline.'

Really though. My roommate and I skedaddled out from our living room when it happened.
When the apt above me decided to go all 'mosh pit rave' on us. It sounded like they were trying to sledge hammer or even wrecking ball their way down to us. The lights were shaking. You could see the ceiling getting lower....

And I'm sure the crazy apartment above us had no idea of the panic it caused us below.
We nearly went up to them to tell them to shut up and leave...but you know, I doubt they'd have heard us. Both my roomie and I talk a bit on the quiet side.

In any case, thankfully, the 'party' endedish about half an hour later. At least the crazy dancing stopped. At least my roomie and I felt it was safe to return back to the living room to watch our show.

But seriously. It feels like that apartment above us has a 'birthday party' every couple of weeks or so. So unless people are moving in and out every month or so....there has to be something going on. Probably the friend of the person living there comes over to have their birthday party there.

In any case, I really wish that they'd have lived on the first floor. Where they could go all crazy college party without the people below them fearing for their lives. ;) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work (must be there too much or something) which was like a grocery store, working on moving pallets back onto their racks when my dad walks by me carrying a bunch of groceries. I look behind him and see my brother, Meralto, standing by like six pallets full of fruit. Oranges, kiwi's and others among them. My dad was planning on holding...like a family event, a ward event? and he was buying all the fruit he would need for it. I asked my brother why he didn't just grab one of the pallet jacks and tow them out that way. He didn't think he could use them and I was like "Bro, I work here, you can use it." But somehow he ended up using the fork lift instead of the pallet jack. Which caused me a bit of concern because I hadn't realized he knew how to use that, but then I remembered he'd had a job that required him to use it (though he was too young to officially use it) but we made our way out of the store, only to see this handsome guy giving away tickets to something and you had to do special tasks in order to get the tickets. I was halfway tempted to try and get them, however, I ended up following my sister and bro deeper into the open train tunnel we were in and discovered that the guy had ordered a bunch of balloons to create a party (he mispronounced the name though it was spray painted in plain view on the truck) and when the truck arrived (it had fallen on it's side) the guy opened up the bottom of the trunk and all these balloons came out, but all the other people weren't aware of this fact as they were still further back in the tunnel, so I went to grab them -having balloons in either hand- and caused the last part of the 'raffle' to end in complete chaos as the people ran to go have a balloon party. I ended up walking with a girl, who'd been unable to compete in gymnastics due to an injury and how she'd look out the hospital window and see the wires of the telephone poles and imagine that she was spinning on them. I mentioned that I used to do gymnastics as well, but I had to quit after an accident because it made me too fearful to try it again. All I could remember of the accident, when she asked me, was that it involved spinning on a bar and then doing some trick on the floor -like a handstand- and that it had gone wrong, and I hadn't gone back, though now I was feeling like I'd missed out on an opportunity after watching her passion for the same sport, and I vowed that I would have my kids take gymnastics, though I would tell them before they started that they'd be able to quit whenever they wanted to...provided that they stuck with it for a certain period of time (a year, or a month, 3 months I hadn't decided yet) and the same would go for any activity they wanted to try out....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment