Monday, February 3, 2014

Conference Hiatus

Oh Wo, wo, wo unto me! For thy shenanigans little electronic sprites have caused me to loose all mine work upon the Words of Conference, which causeth me great pain and hard working for these past three years, for now the tablets have been destroyed, the highlights gone, and none shall remember what mine eyes, mind, and spirit saw that was of great worth unto me. Oh Wo, wo wo!

Confused?
Don't worry. :) I'm about to explain.

Soo a couple of weeks ago...maybe a month now.
My Ipod took a tumble to the concrete totally destroying the screen.
That meant I had to get it replaced, discovered my home button no longer works, got a fix for that too...
And noticed.
That my ipod seemed to have gotten slower, and slower and sloooowweeeerrr.
Seriously, it's been acting like a computer neck deep in viruses or something.
That culminated to yesterday.
Where, my Ipod...was moving slower then molasses.
I tried to get into programs, and it would kick me out of them, sometimes without having loaded them.
or if I got into a program, it would randomly kick me out. Usually within about three seconds.
Totally frustrating. And if I got in and tried to do anything it would kick me out. Which means...nothing got done.
I managed to get everything done yesterday.
But today.
It was worse.
Seriously, it was spasming out worse then ever. It took me twenty minutes to actually get into an app, only to have it kick me out.
Whatever I tried doing, it wouldn't do.
Seriously. Virus. It had to be, though who ever heard of a virus attacking an Ipod?

In any case. I got desperate.
And hit 'Restore Backup'

It worked!
My Ipod now works!

Only....

I lost my Gospel Library app.
The app where I've been reading conference talks and marking them.
The app that I've kept notes in.
The app which allowed me to do my Monday Conference Highlights, and my Thursday Stories.

Completely. Wiped.
Gone.
GONE!

Seriously, I had to redownload my scriptures and all those conference talks.
With no highlights in them. :(
*sighs*
Which means....that for the time being, there probably won't be anymore Conference Highlights from the 48 some odd conferences I've read.

I'll have to think of something else to do for Mondays. ;)

lol for some this might be a welcome relief.
For others. it may not be. :(
Sorry. There wasn't anything I could do.

But at least I got my Ipod working again! :D

lol and I halfway wonder if all my conference highlights in that app had been effecting the performance speed of my Ipod. Did each time I marked something...slow down my Ipod? Did it get to the point where I had too much spirit within the confines of it's slim frame and it couldn't handle anymore?

No idea. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Editor's Note: SALVATION! Guys! Guys! I just checked through older conference talks I'd marked, and guess what?! THE HIGHLIGHTS ARE ALL STILL THERE?! I don't have to start over! Everything is still there! :D YAY! :)
Soo the Monday Conference Highlights will continue!


No comments:

Post a Comment