Tuesday, May 13, 2014

ARCHES ARCHES EVERYWHERE!!!

I may or may not have driven my family crazy this past weekend.
 
Why?
 
Because most of the words that came out of my mouth went along the lines of:
*points* "I bet there are Arches over there!"
"I wonder what's hiding over there."

"Look an Arch! Let's hike to it!"
"Do you think there are Arches there?"
"But let's go there! There's Arches over there!"

 
Yah, I was a bit obsessive about Arches.
-Not that that comes to a surprise to any of you guys, as I mentioned I was obsessing over them a few days ago. Enough that I stayed up waaay too late to look them up.
 
In any case.
That was most of the trip.
Arches. Arches. Arches. LET ME GO SEE THEM!! :D
 
lol. So we did.
Below are a few of the arches I was able to take pictures of (and find the pictures of when I put them on my computer.)
 

Unknown Arch Name along Delicate Arch Trail
 

Unknown Arch Name along Delicate Arch Trail
 

Delicate Arch!
 

Different View of Delicate Arch
 

A Third View of Delicate Arch
 

...My family always refers to this as Peekaboo Arch on Delicate Arch Trail. Not Sure of It's Real Name
 

Possibly Pine Tree Arch -Side Trail To Landscape Arch
 

Tunnel Arch -unsure Which one It's supposed to Be. -Side Trail to Landscape Arch
 

Pet Arch (don't ask me why it's called that) By Dark Angel
 

Possibly A far view of Crystal Arch on Side Trail to Pine Tree Arch from Landscape Arch Trail
 

Pine Tree Arch -Side Trail from Landscape Arch Trail
 

Pine Tree Arch different view.
 

Maybe a small view of Partition Arch, or a different Arch entirely.
 

Private Arch -On Primitive Loop to Dark Angel
 

Double O Arch - Trail to Dark Angel
 

Navajo Arch -Side Trail up from Landscape Arch. One of my Favorite Arches. :D
 

Landscape Arch! :D
 

Box Arch -Primitive Trail to Dark Angel
 

Private Arch -Different View
 

Unknown Arch Name -Primitive Trail Loop
 

Shadow Box Arch -Across from Double O Arch
 

Shadow Box Arch again.
 

Unknown Arch Name in front of Black Arch view point
-Any hole in the rock that is 3 feet or longer is considered to be an arch.
-Took tons of pictures of Arches like these...didn't post just...cus it's a lot of pictures. :D
 

Black Arch -Dark Angel Main Trail.
-I'm positive I could find this arch from the Primitive Trail Loop. >.> *New Goal* To Go into it. Not just stare at it from the View Point.
 

Partition Arch -Just up from Landscape Arch.
 

A Different View of Partition Arch
 

Pothole Arch -On the Road to the Windows Section
 

"Double Arch" -My Family calls it Triple Arch. -Windows Section (Also a Favorite Arch of Mine)
 

Elephant Arch -Windows Section
 
 

Back view of 'Double Arch', North Window, Turret Arch -Windows Section. (I had closer pictures of North Window, and Turret Arch, but they couldn't be found when I looked for them. O.o)
 

Unknown Arch Name of Arch in Sego Canyon (not in Arches National Park
 








 
Box Arch -Different View
Unknown Arch Name -Dark Angel Trail

 

 South Window -From Delicate Arch Trail
 
My family probably hopes that this trip helped with my obsession.
It didn't.
They may actually need to refer me to 'Arches Anonymous' ;) lol
However, until they actually sign me up for that.... I've discovered a new life Goal. :D
 
I want to take a picture of Every. Single. Arch. In Arches National Park!! ^^
 
It should be easy enough....There are only over 2,000 of them. ^^;;
And most of them...are probably only around 3 feet wide. :S
Yikes!
 
But it should be an adventure!
 
...I just need to get down there again.....
Soon.
Hopefully. :D
...as soon as I can find the time off, and a buddy to drag through the desert with me. ^^;;
 
Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!
 
-Sarnic Dirchi
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment