Thursday, May 1, 2014

Heir of a King


A story is told of the son of King Louis XVI of France.
As a young man, he was kidnapped by evil men when they dethroned the king.
For six months he was exposed to every filthy and vile thing that life had to offer, yet he never buckled under the pressure.
This puzzled his captors, and they asked him why he had such great moral strength.
His reply was simple: "I cannot do what you ask, for I was born to be a king."
You were born to be daughters [and sons] of a King.
By being baptized, you have been promised the blessings of royalty as you sanctify yourselves and become holy.

-Carol B. Thomas -Spiritual Power of Our Baptism  -April 1999 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

We were in the desert, my family and I, climbing on red rocks...that also looked like lots of mini colored balled sprinkles pressed together. It seemed like a regular outing, but suddenly changed into a relay race. Full of danger with cliffs, and brush, and the other competitors. It was a running race. And I took the lead, but I knew I couldn't hold on for long so I turned and tackled multiple others to make sure that even if I wasn't first, I wouldn't be last. As I didn't have to win to move onto the next round, just make it to the finish line before the last person.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment