Thursday, May 29, 2014

On A Heavenly Errand

Let us walk these clearly defined paths.
To help us do so we can follow the shortest sermon in the world.
It can be found on a common traffic sign.
It reads, "Keep Right."

This advice was found and followed by Joe, who had been asked to get up at six in the morning and drive a crippled child 50 miles to a hospital.
He didn't want to do it, but he didn't know how to say no.
A woman carried the child out to the car and set him next to the driver's seat, mumbling thanks through her tears.
Joe said everything would be all right and drove off quickly.

After a mile or so, the child inquired shyly, "You're God, aren't you?"

"I'm afraid not, little fellow," replied Joe.

"I thought you must be God," said the child.
"I heard Mother praying next to my bed and asking God to help me get to the hospital, so I could get well and play with the other boys.
Do you work for God?"

"Sometimes, I guess," said Joe, "but not regularly.
I think I'm going to work for Him a lot more from now on."

Thomas S. Monson -The Priesthood--Mighty Army of the Lord -April 1999 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment