Saturday, May 17, 2014

Slow Time

There I was, asleep.
Or trying to sleep.
For some reason, I hadn't fallen 'deeply asleep yet.'
I'd gone to bed like two hours before,
and it took me a moment to realize that my dreams weren't totally my dreams.
I was hearing voices.
Loud voices.
Drawn back into wakefulness.
I realized, that the loud voices, were coming from outside.
I glanced at my clock. It was nearly 1:30am in the morning.
And the people outside were acting like it was bright and sunny outside.
Like really. They were loud.
Shouting, laughing, talking at the top of their voices.
It sounded like a full out party happening below my window.
-and this window wasn't on the ground floor.
It was only a group of 6ish people when I finally stumbled to a place where I could see who was outside.
I was like. "Seriously? You had to pick right outside my window to have a little mini crazy party?"
Then I was like "Totally cool guys, I would join you if I didn't have to get up in 4 hours!"
And then I went back to bed.
Listening to them talking, trying to block out the sound and not succeeding.
Really, I'm not exaggerating this.
But part of the problem is, that our windows are super thin. Even with them firmly shut, it's like they're wide open.

In any case. I laid there in bed, deliberating about going to the balcony and yelling down at them to please go away so I could get some sleep.
And failing at finding a polite way to do that.
Finally, I decided to just pray. It was a quick thing.
"Heavenly Father, please make the people outside be quiet."  

And surprisingly enough. Almost immediately right after the words ran through my mind,
I heard the group outside making their goodbyes.
Probably half of them left right then.
While the others, idk if they left, but they got quieter after that point.

It was such a surprise gratification for me, and brought immediate comfort to my exhausted mind, that I fell asleep soon after. ^^
Yay for answers to prayers! :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was racing with my brother to get to a particular house, or a racing starting point maybe, but I ended up missing the street I needed to take, in my car. I thought that turning down the next street would get me on the right path, but when I turned down, it turned out to be a very rickety dirt road. I say rickety because the road was part dirt path, part wood boards like a pier. I'd ended up in a poorer district of town, which looked a bit like my neighborhood, but 'junkified' And I was in the back behind my house. I hit a dead end, of a fence blocking my exit. So I got out of my car to deal with the blockage -since the street was too narrow to turn around- and I ended up pushing my bike up and out of the gate that leads from my backyard. In our front yard stood my manager Reci, who was visiting Reth. I knew it was Reth's house I was behind, and I'd been trying to get out of the pickle that I was in without her knowing that I had been back there....
I was at work, doing tasks, when I glanced at the clock which told me that it was time for me to go clock out, but while making my way through the old library/newlibrary building, a group of three boys came up to me, wanting to know if I had...an old farming sort of device used for irrigation, they weren't going to use it for that purpose, but they did need it -which was like a long sheet of metal with ripples in it.- I thought that we did, and so I lead them into a side room, that was half outside half not, and showed them the old farming tool sitting in the grass. It was what they were looking for, though they didn't know if they wanted to buy it or not. I left them, and realized, that I had clocked out like 15-30 minutes before and had just spent 15-30mins helping a customer, and I wanted to get paid for that, so I headed back to the clock in room, temporarily getting distracted when our new manager Cint held up a long sleeved version of our new shirts, that had grey sleeves with a blue main body. She asked what I was still doing here, and I told her that I couldn't remember if I'd actually clocked out, as I was waaay over my clock out time, (my clock kept reading almost 7 and I'd been supposed to clock out at like 330, but I knew that wasn't quite right hence why I wanted to see if I'd clocked out or not.) and if I had, then I needed to add in some customer service time, if I didn't...I really needed to clock out....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment