Saturday, May 24, 2014

Rainy Day

There is something relaxing about just laying in your bed, listening to rain pitter pattering outside of your window. It makes me think of so many different things, rainy days while camping out in tents, Oregon in general are a couple of things. Mostly curling up around a book, smelling that rain smell.
It's relaxing in a way.
As with rainy days, it almost brings about a sense of "you do not have to do anything."
Really it's true.
Who doesn't take a rainy day to mean, "Let's go relax!"
Sunny days, not so much. It's go and do do do do do.
So maybe in a way, a rainy day is a breather for the world. A "I'm taking a day off, have fun guys, it will be raining for a bit."
*shrugs*
Maybe that's why it basically always rains on Memorial Day Weekend.
It's when Mother Nature decides that she needs a vacation from being bright and sunny.

Tis a fun thought. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

My family and I were on vacation, a three day vacation where we were going to go on a tour with Il Volo, so we got onto this odd semi looking thing, that expanded out to reveal a sort of train/ship thing. We were going to do a three day tour along the river ways of different places in Italy. The boats started to flow down the river, and my dad pointed out to me that we were going to pass by the Rome Temple. It was beautiful, with a reddish tint to it's blocks of stone, Captain Moroni gleaming on top of the temple. I knew it wasn't completed but it looked complete. And the scenery around it was beautiful. We'd already passed by when I thought "I need to get a picture" so I grabbed my camera phone, and tried to get photos, but I kept getting the wrong picture of a nearby roman statue building, By the time I finally got the temple into view, the picture wasn't that great, and I felt a moment of sadness that I hadn't taken the picture when I was in front of it. But then I was like, well...I saw it with my own eyes up close, and not while looking through a photo lens.
....
I was at my parents home, being sneaky, I was trying to hide my identity from my brother, as I was wearing a red hood. I'd been up to some sort of act, and my brother was desperate to figure out who I was because of my random acts of kindness. It ended up with an all out chase through our house, around our back yard, in windows, out of them, both of us trying to out trick the other, but I grew tired, and eventually my brother thought he'd figured out who I was though he needed proof. I tried to run away, but he got on his motorcycle and came after me, I managed to dash back into our parents home and hide behind a chair, but he found me moments later....
Somehow I ended up in the front yard, with a bunch of puppies, of different breeds. We were training them, to see if they were ready to be social with other dogs, and people. There were a group of young Retrievers deemed ready, a group of poodles -may have had purple coats- that were ready, but I was most interested in a young pup, possibly retriever, we got her out and sat underneath the neighbor's walnut tree to see how she was doing with learning tricks. Excellent. She even did a trick for me -standing up on her hind legs- that hadn't been done for the others......
I was with a group of others, hiking up a mountain path with the gates guarded by odd tree like creatures with faces. They didn't want us to pass by -as we weren't good people, a band of thieves or assassins or something.- but the girl leading us said something to the tree people, and it came out that their leader was voted upon by popular vote. So if our leader could convince the ruler (also a girl)'s people that our leader would be better for them to survive then she would become queen. So they had a vote, She got like 22 votes, many of the others got no votes at all, and my leader got a number of votes as well, it feels like it was 13, but then we had one last person to go -an outcast of the tree people who...was a bit obsessed with the ruler, to the point where he'd tried multiple different ways to get her to court him. To no avail as around all the tree people's necks were a flattened wooden face, if your faces didn't align...no go....you weren't meant to be together. And this guy's wooden face didn't match hers at all. Still he voted for her, and she proved that she was still queen,
until our leader -now a guy- held up his own face (who knows where he got it) to hers, and...they matched. perfectly. Creating a 3D face of a woman. That gave him access through their gate, but the people wouldn't allow his people to come through....unless he became King....
-The leader, now a girl again, went to a priest of the tree people, and he -acting very inexperienced- proceeded to go through the ceremony to make her the queen of the people... he placed a golden circlet on her head, and they gave her a wide expanse of cloth that she spread at the end of the ceremony when they pronounced her "Dragon Queen." she spread her arms creating the illusion that the fabric were wings....and they expected her to jump off the cliff nearby to prove that she could really fly....

Then I was asked to redo my password, as it had expired and I was having trouble putting in the right letters/numbers to create it even though I knew it...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment