Friday, May 30, 2014

Quicketly Quick

I wasn't surprised to get a phone call from work this morning.
Why?
Because I had needed to shave off a couple of hours due to the Monitor Lizard event.
And after discussion with one of the managers, it was decided that I would come in an hour late today.
As it was the best day really to do so...as the rest of the days I was to come in....I couldn't do so.

What was surprising was that it wasn't the manager I was expecting to call...to call.

Yah....they weren't happy to be informed about this 'change of plans'
Why?
Because we had the DM coming in....and everything needed to be ready.

>.<
Ugh. Out of all the managers I'd talked too...not one of them had mentioned this as being a problem with me coming in an hour later. (I had known he was coming in today, hadn't seen it as a problem.)
Until this one.
>.>
*sighs*

There wasn't much I could do, I still needed to shave as much time off as I could.
So I came in that the original changed time.

And realized pretty quickly why, my manager thought that coming in late was a bad idea.

Because we had been swamped.

With kittens.

Seriously, I'd never seen so many kittens together in our store.
Totally cute and adorable.
But wow.
A lot of them.
And guess what?
Kittens are hyper.
playful.
and all around energetic.

Combine that with a small cage.
And what do you get?
Yah. Messy cage.
Which takes a lot longer to clean than most of the adult cats would.
*shakes head*

So. I set to work. With one hour less time then had originally been planned.
I wasn't concerned though.
It was still the same amount of cages for me to clean, just more occupants in the cages than normal.

And I knew myself.
I could get it done in two hours. Easy peasy.
I just had to move fast.
And when I need to, I move fast.

Somehow, I managed to clean all the cages within the hour that I'd set myself,
leaving me an hour to open up the rest of my department.

And as the hour of store opening rolled around.
I....finished.

lol. Okay, not every thing.
But the main openings that had to be done by the time the store opened got done.
Which basically just left me with feeding the fish. :)
Yay!

So yah.
I wasn't too concerned about coming in a hour late.
Because I knew the state of my department, knew what was expected of me, (with the obvious exception of the cats.) And...completed my goals on time. :D

Yay!! :D Plus. ^^ The visit went well for us! :D Haha! Double Score! :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment