Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Arch Fever

....okay I may or may not have just spent the last couple of hours going Arch crazy on the internet....as out of pure curiosity and desire....and......time got away from me. :S Rest of this post forthcoming.

So yah.
Arches.
I love them to pieces.
Especially if they're made out of red rock. :D
I dunno. There's just something about staring at a huge ribbon of rock that is hanging over nothing, that's just....awe inspiring.
Seriously, some of those arches I'm like "How are you still standing?!"
Not just arches. Some of those balanced rocks...I have to think the same thing. How have you not toppled over yet?

And last night... *shrugs* I was curious to see what other Arches are out there that may be fun to maybe try and go hike to at some point. Because I do have my favorites, but I would love to go 'discover' a new arch that I haven't seen yet.

Soo I ended up on this website here.
http://arches.marbleart.us/IntroPage.htm

And didn't leave that sight until like 2 hours later.
The site shows a few arches that I had no idea existed. Okay, most of them I was like O.o Where is this and can I get to it?!?!!

Most of them....no.
As many of them seem to be 'overnighter trips.' And...I'm not a fan of those. Haven't ever tried to do one, sooo maybe it would be something I'd enjoy. But considering that my dad has trouble convincing me to carry a water bottle on hikes most of the time...putting 30 lbs of gear onto my back...would probably kill me. Since that's literally like 1/3 of my weight. O.o I would probably not make it past 2 miles if I was lucky. ;) haha.
And then others...require some rather tricky 4x4 driving on 'middle of nowhere' dirt roads with...probably no road signs directing you there. And with my little car...I'd rather not get stuck in 'the middle of nowhere.' lol.


But still. There are some...that I may be able to 'discover' Maybe. If not on the trip I'm going on soon...in the near future.

In any case, I'm now more anxious than ever to finally get back down into redrock country. It's been far too long since I've been down there. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment