Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Lost in the Zone

So there I was, at work, helping customers with deciding which purchase for their pet would be the best. I stayed with them, helping them out at the register as well.
When one of them asked a question about another of our products. If we had them.
I told them that we did. And asked if they wanted me to show them.
They said yes.
So I left the cashier standing with the other customer at the register to show them the product.
They decided that they didn't want it,
and so we headed back to the register.

Oh. And, this whole conversation between us, took place in Sign.
No big deal really, I kinda went to school for that sort of thing.
lol, but oh. How easy it is to get lost in that world.
I saw the cashier looking at me and so I took advantage of the distance and signed to them "They're not buying anything, you can continue with check out."

Only...to get a blank stare in return.

Oops.
lol. I'd just spent the last 15 or so minutes signing to people, had gotten into the 'zone'....
and had just signed to a coworker who didn't know sign language.

So much for 'easy communication' I suppose. I had to wait until I was closer to them before they would be able to hear my rather quiet voice repeating what I'd just signed to them from across the room. lol. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment