Sunday, April 13, 2014

Storms

It's been a long time since I was woken up by a storm in the middle of the night.
But that's what happened.
At like 2am.
I became aware of howling winds, and rain pounding at my window.
 
It probably would have been rather terrifying, because it was the sort of the storm that would have had me huddled under the covers when I was younger.
 
All my sleep deprived brain could think though was "That's nice....glad I don't have work in the morning....I need a drink."
So I went to the fridge and grabbed a drink.
Only that was weird.
Not the drink or the fridge
But the fact that when I stumbled out of bed and into the hallway,
it wasn't completely dark.
No, there was the flickering light at the end of the hallway that told me that the TV had been left on.
Of course I just assumed that my roomie had left it on and gone to bed.
But no.
When I entered the room, there she was, curled up on the couch, watching one of the Twilight movies.
O.o
Huh?
I hadn't expected her to watch that sort of thing.
And then I was like "I may have told her that she didn't have to go to sleep tonight, but she shouldn't take it literally."
Really, I guessed that the storm had woken her up (if she had already gone to bed and gotten back up) and that she couldn't sleep while it was raging outside.
I didn't say a word to her. I was on a mission. Drink, back to bed.
And I did just that. No storm would keep me awake for long!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was part of a group of either soldiers or gamers that were on a quest, sorta like a Pokémon quest to catch a bunch of 'wild' and 'dangerous' animals. But we could only see these animals through our phones and so we had to open a specific app that would let us see and capture these animals. I had struggles finding the app, but I didn't have any troubles seeing the animals. What was confusing to me was that I could only capture certain types. If there were three of the same animal all in one place, one that I would grab would disappear -into wherever it went when I captured it- while the others would remain solid and not go anywhere. That made it more difficult, and I heard somewhere that something had gone wrong. I still kept up my quest, figuring out which animals I could take and which I couldn't. I figured out as I snuck into a kid's room that had a few different cats sleeping on the bed s-that I had to capture- that I couldn't grab any animals that were mothers to their young still. If they were nursing, like the mother cat was nursing a cute kitten, I couldn't grab it and make it disappear. I exited the room to encounter my old manager Reth which was confusing because I didn't know why she would be there. Apparently she was meeting up with the new manager (the person actually looked more like the newest groomer/bather) I tried to talk about the snakes to them, as they weren't dong well....

But then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment