Friday, April 11, 2014

Inspired

It came into my possession by complete accident.
I was navigating my way through Amazon, figuring out how to buy a new case for my phone...as apparently I got one where nobody in the mall carries them. O.o Huh? The Mall doesn't have them? No. Not it doesn't. So I had to fall back to Amazon to get something for my new phone.
And I happened to see that if I spent $35 I would get free shipping.
Oh yah. I liked this idea. A lot.
Less money means less money right?
So I ended up, in the end, buying two books, two movies, and a case for my phone. (be rather sad if I forgot to do that....)
But, there was a slight confusion on my part. (having never tried such a thing before.)
On how come I wasn't getting the 'free shipping' I thought I was getting. I was still owing shipping fees, higher than I thought they would be -as I did end up buying one thing from amazon that wasn't amazon...approved? for their free shipping.
Well eventually I figured it out. That I really was only paying the shipping for that one item, and not for everything else.

But in the process of that realization, I was trying different things. Adding in different items.
Just seeing if I'd gotten up to the right price, if my gift card was causing problems, if adding in or taking away different items would get the shipping I thought I was paying, down.

And one of those 'attempts' before I figured everything out...
Was my attempt at adding Danielle E. Shipley's book Inspired to my cart.
The book book was a bit more expensive then I was looking to get for whatever I was trying to do with the cart. So I went for the Kindle edition. Less expensive. Easy to add to the cart right?
Wrong.
I didn't think the '1 click to buy' button that was my only option, would actually buy the book then and there. :S
It did.
I was just trying to add it to my cart! Not actually buy it then and there! Grr.

Still. The book was not to be denied. It wanted me to have it in my collection.
And who was I to argue?
I mean...just the premise of it had caught my attention when I first heard of it.
And I wanted to read it at some point, hence why I was playing with it in my cart.

So, I didn't mind too much the unexpected purchase before I was ready.
And once it was in my app.
It just seemed to call to me.
Saarrrrniiic you know you want to reeeaaaaadddd me.
And I was like. Yah. I do, but I really want to write some stuff first.
You want to reeeaaaddd me.
Okay...maybe the first few pages.

Oh. Mistake.
That's when the book grabs you, and sucks you in to not return until the last page is turned.

Seriously, I tried to escape.
But I had to find out what happened next.
And so Inspired held me firmly in it's grasp.

Because really. The book hits soo close to home.
As it's about a writer, a muse, and a group of characters looking to have their stories finally placed down on paper.

I'm like ()_() OH NO! I NEED TO DO THIS!
But then I was like. "I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM?"

Totally an inner tug o' war.

That obviously the book won.

Wow.
I'm still running thoughts from the story through my mind.
Bits and pieces that sparked my own inspirations.
Brought to light intriguing ideas.
Asking the 'what if' questions.

Really, the book was too short. I wanted more details, more scenes, more from the characters. More 'what happens next?' more 'how do these relationships continue to develop?'

It was a great distraction. ^^ I loved the book.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was flying on a plane, when this other plane with Hydra agents hooked onto ours -like the space shuttle to the space station-  and we were desperately trying to get out of having to go on their plane but failing....

-S.N.D

1 comment:

  1. Haha, yeah, I've learned that if I ever want read Danielle's stuff, I have to be prepared to do nothing for the rest of the day. ;)

    ReplyDelete