Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Love You Anyway

Benjamin Ballam is the special spina bifida child of Michael and Laurie Ballam.
He has been such a blessing to them and many others.
Also spiritually precocious, Benjamin is a constant source of love and reassurance.
Having had 17 surgeries, resilient Benjamin know all about hospitals and doctors.
Once, when an overwhelmed attendant became vocally upset--not at Benjamin, but over stressful circumstances--little three-year-old Benjamin exemplified the words of another Benjamin about our need to be childlike and "full of love."
Little Benjamin reached out, tenderly patted the irritated attendant and said, "I love you anyway."
A similar episode occurred recently in an Israeli hospital, where little Benjamin, going through a necessary but very painful procedure, used the same loving words to reassure a physician.
No wonder, brothers and sisters, in certain moments we feel children are our spiritual superiors.

Neal A. Maxwell -"Becometh As a Child" April 1996 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in the back room of work, and noticed that there was a cage, hanging awkwardly from the bottom rack, full of water...that had Robo Hamsters in it. Six of them. Which was distressing to me because I'd already put out a ton of robos onto our floor and I thought I'd gotten all of them, and I had no idea if I would be able to put these ones out as well....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment