Saturday, April 12, 2014

Seeing A Movie

There are a few movies where I've watched the previews and thought to myself "That looks rather dumb. I don't think I'll ever go see that movie." But then I do. And to my surprise, it's way better then I thought it would be, the previews just didn't give it enough of a 'interesting premise' to actually have made me want to see it right then and there.

That happened with The Croods.
It was a movie where the trailers I saw for it -via tv and theatre- just didn't make the movie sound...appealing. I had no interest in it for whatever reason.

But my complex was doing a movie night on a night where I happened to not have to work.
And they were going to play The Croods.
I thought, why not? This could be fun. I need to get out of my apartment for a bit. I want to go see it.
So I dragged one of my roomies with me, and we saw the movie.

Surprisingly, I actually liked it. It was a cute movie that was a bit more different from what I'd been lead to expect. The world actually has some awesome creatures. Totally crazy looking but most of them adorable. The colors end up being so much brighter then I thought it was. It was like eye candy for most of the movie just all the bright colors and such. The family relationships were interesting, and I loved how close everyone got by the end of the movie.

Totally a need to see. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in the forest, on a mountain overlooking the ground below us, where a windy road was nearing completion. The black tar stuff was cooling, they had already painted some of the road. Me and a small group of others...they were kinda like a ragtag crew of...poor people who believed they were rich. Our clothes were ragged and we probably wouldn't have smelt that great, the forest was our domain. The mother figure had a shovel in her hands as we walked along the dirt next to the road. She was pacing off things, chanting to herself, and ended up right on the edge of the road where the crews hadn't continued to pave it yet. She marked off a spot, and began to hit it with the shovel, and I stepped in to help with my pickaxe. Though I felt guilty about destroying the road. We were looking for a treasure of ours that the mother had buried there a while ago.
I had a random thought about treehouses, and suddenly the camera view shot upwards towards a giant tree that had been pulled back so the top half was flat. It held a house of sorts, and the branches resembled that of the Tarzan scenes where he surfed along them. A family of creatures, monkey like, with tails and their lower half's covered in fur, lived there. They survived off of hunting and such....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment